sfran43

Weekend Thread: WKND #BoxOffice - APR 20-22:#AQuietPlace $22M/$132.4M#Rampage $21M/$66.6M#IFeelPretty $16.2M#SuperTroopers $14.7M#TruthOrDare $7.9M/$30.4M pg 24

45 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They just changed their intro policy to $29.95 for 3 months.  I've heard though that they still might offer the $10 monthly plan via the app.

The last I read one could see up to 30 movies a month - one a day even if they're repeats

Wait wait, I'm sorry -  It looks like the pass has far different terms

https://www.moviepass.com/

It looks like they temporarily suspended the $9.95m a month offer but if you sign up now you pay $9.95 (or not - it's sketchy) and get a TRIAL FREE 3 Month Pass  that gives you just FOUR movies a month.  Sketchily it also says even though its Free they bill you for the 3 month plan at start up...

Lmao, sketchy af.

But they gotta eat.

1 minute ago, manny1234 said:

When will BoxOffice.Com long range forecast for Incredibles 2 show as as it is suppose to today. Hopefully @Shawn we can get one hopefully in a few hours.

Last week's wasn't up till around 7-8 PM EST, which is soon :lol: I'm curious about the May 4 TCs myself

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Gamera said:

Amy Schumer has pretty much made a career out of bashing conservatives/political humor.

The white working class people she hates don't have their opinions broadcast on TV or written about in magazines so they downvote her movies.  So what?  

Trump supporter, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

@TalismanRing

@Deja23

Thanks again.

(Hopefully I won't get screwed over by the confusing terms)

The free 3 month thing is for the paid aspect of IHeartRadio, not MoviePass. 

Right now if you sign up it’s $30 for 3 months and you get 4 movies a month. You can see a movie more than once but it goes against the monthly number of movies you can see. Still a good deal, especially if you live in a big city and you’re paying for adult tickets. 

It’ll be interesting to see if they bring back the previous plan which I’m signed up under. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

So whats so "controversial" about I Feel Pretty? Isn't it a positive body image message? Isn't that a good thing? 

It's weird to me how everything becomes "problematic" these days. 

When Wonder Woman came out, a very vocal, very SJW-esque subset of the internet unleashed Twitterstorms and blogrants about how the film was not feminist enough because it did not have enough black women in substantial roles.

When the first I Feel Pretty trailer was released, some writer/actress/blogger on Twitter condemned Schumer for being a cisgender, able-bodied white woman who happened to have insecurities about her apparently-not-fat-enough body. See, according to this person, only women who look like the subjects of TLC's My 600 Lb. Life are allowed to see themselves as unpretty. Also, only women of color and woman who are disabled are allowed to complain about their lives (why else would she mention Schumer's race and able-bodied status in the negative within the context of her arguments?) The Twitter gal was mad that Schumer's film send the "wrong message" (is there any other?). Other people responded to her asserting that Schumer's film is "ableist" and that it puts "girls against girls."

Other reactions are equally ridiculous:

I am sorry, but this modern activism BS is absurd to the point of looking/sounding like caricatures of themselves.

I am all for inclusion, diversity, equality, and all that...but some people are just looking for ways to complain and things to complain about in everything.

Edited by StevenG

ST2 is going to crash hard after Friday. There are plenty of amusing jokes but there is nothing in the new film (except the closing credits scene) that is half as funny as the fifth best joke from the original. There are plenty of quick laughs but nothing to leave any lasting impressions.

Just now, LonePirate said:

ST2 is going to crash hard after Friday. There are plenty of amusing jokes but there is nothing in the new film (except the closing credits scene) that is half as funny as the fifth best joke from the original. There are plenty of quick laughs but nothing to leave any lasting impressions.

Is it Goon 2 from Goon 1 type of letdown if you have seen those or better than that ?

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Is it Goon 2 from Goon 1 type of letdown if you have seen those or better than that ?

I have not seen Goon 2 so I cannot make that comparison.

There are plenty of laughs in ST2 but there is nothing except the end credits scene that will make me laugh years from now like the syrup chugging scene from the original - and there are several scenes funnier than the syrup scene in the original.

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

lol Rampage's drop next week is going to SUCK. Will it hit 70%? :hahaha: 

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

Not even close.

Oblivion dropped 68% in its third weekend when Iron Man 3 opened five years ago and Avengers is looking to be an opening weekend record challenger. A drop in that range doesn't seem that far-fetched.

BOP predictions and TCs: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-incredibles-2-pixar-avengers-infinity-war-update/

Incredibles: 110/395

Tag: 13/43

No Superfly prediction

Breaking In: 13/34.8 (-7%)

Overboard: 1,200

No TCs for Tully and Bad Samaritan yet

Figured Overboard was getting a similar release as Derbez's previous movies considering Lionsgate is only marketing it in Spanish.

I don't see Overboard opening with over a $10,000 per screen average....

4/27/2018 Avengers: Infinity War $235,000,000   $600,000,000   4,200 Disney / Marvel
5/4/2018 Bad Samaritan n/a   n/a   n/a Electric Entertainment
5/4/2018 Overboard $14,000,000   $39,000,000   1,200 Lionsgate / Pantelion
5/4/2018 Tully n/a   n/a   n/a Focus Features

56 minutes ago, StevenG said:

When Wonder Woman came out, a very vocal, very SJW-esque subset of the internet unleashed Twitterstorms and blogrants about how the film was not feminist enough because it did not have enough black women in substantial roles.

When the first I Feel Pretty trailer was released, some writer/actress/blogger on Twitter condemned Schumer for being a cisgender, able-bodied white woman who happened to have insecurities about her apparently-not-fat-enough body. See, according to this person, only women who look like the subjects of TLC's My 600 Lb. Life are allowed to see themselves as unpretty. Also, only women of color and woman who are disabled are allowed to complain about their lives (why else would she mention Schumer's race and able-bodied status in the negative within the context of her arguments?) The Twitter gal was mad that Schumer's film send the "wrong message" (is there any other?). Other people responded to her asserting that Schumer's film is "ableist" and that it puts "girls against girls."

Other reactions are equally ridiculous:

I am sorry, but this modern activism BS is absurd to the point of looking/sounding like caricatures of themselves.

I am all for inclusion, diversity, equality, and all that...but some people are just looking for ways to complain and things to complain about in everything.

This person needs to get some perspective. People who are thin can think that they're fat. It's how eating disorders develop. Secondly just because one is thin doesn't mean that they think they're pretty. 

Everyone has self esteem issues. Everyone can be insecure about certain things. But it's people like this person who are the actual problem and just assume that someone who is skinny can't have insecurities about their own body. 

• Like 2