CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

13 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Bigger effects than draft - do college kids have finals still?  Another minor effect maybe from God of War release - a huge game with strong crossover with CBM fans for sure

Depends on what college you go to. I don't have finals for another 5 weeks. Some have it this week. My friend has it in 2 weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biggestgeekever said:

I knew this was coming from the thread topic, but still.

LOLDEADLINE.  FOREVER AND EVER, AMEN.

Not just for slapping your dick on the table and saying "45 million mother fuckers" and then weaselly saying under your breath "maybe 36 to 38 tho".

No, it's also LOLDEADLINE FOREVER AND EVER, AMEN because AFTER getting most the preview data you fuckers STILL said "40-45". 

I mean, sure, this shit is tough.  Could have been 39.4 and you thought it might be as low as 39.75.  But how about you don't slap your dick on the table next time and say this 'is all us, anyone quoting 45m is getting it from us alone.'  And if you do, don't try to cover your ass by saying "well others think it might be as low as 36".

In conclusion: LOLDEADLINE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, YLF said:

Depends on what college you go to. I don't have finals for another 5 weeks. Some have it this week. My friend has it in 2 weeks.

Woah really? My last day of class was April 5 and I haven't had an exam in almost 2 weeks

1 minute ago, eXtacy said:

Is Cjohn attempting to ban half of BOT before the weekend finishes?

Well, yes. It would be a fitting conclusion to the weekend thread :ph34r: Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Even though I just barely posted about IW doing at least 6x previews for some reason all of a sudden I'm feeling like it'll end up in the 225-235 range anyway. 

39+62+71+61 is pretty huge even with a lower IM. Biggest Saturday and Sunday ever is nothing to dismiss.

• Like 2

Preview to OD Multipliers:
Avengers - 4.322
Iron Man 3 - 4.414
Age of Ultron - 3.059
Civil War - 3.020
Black Panther - 3.014

Marvel films have become far more frontloaded than they used to be. I'd be SHOCKED if this got a 3.0 multi for the previews. $117 is the absolute max it will do today. Probably closer to $110 mil OD.

Now for the Preview to OW Multipliers:
Avengers - 11.09
Iron Man 3 - 11.163
Age of Ultron - 6.93
Civil War - 7.166
Black Panther - 8.016

If it matched AOU, that would put it at $270 mil OW. But it will probably go lower, I'd say closer to 6.5, but that would put it at $253.5 mil OW.

Gonna be close.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Woah really? My last day of class was April 5 and I haven't had an exam in almost 2 weeks

Yeah, well were on the quarter system. Fall quarter ended the second to last week of march. Spring quarter started the first week of April.