CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Is that China number accurate? I haven't seen much of an update on the INT numbers for Rampage (llikely due to IW'S impending release). If 400m could be achieved, that would be a solid hit, if nothing too incredible. Still not sure of a sequel given the only alright reaction domestically (not to mention it would be Pacific Rim situation, and we all have seen how that story played out), but it's nice to see a monster movie do well outside the Monsterverse. Sequel chances, in your opinion? The Rock loves to keep busy, so I don't know if he'd even have time.

The China subforum here has daily updates and the people over there know their stuff.

Welcome to the forum, by the way :)

• Thanks 1

That’s actually solid for I Feel Pretty, just 51% in the face of a $230m+ grosser that all four quadrants want to see.

Super Troopers 2 80% second weekend drop. Woosh.

Shame Avengers isn’t getting the record, I predicted $252m. 

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

The Avengers managed that in 2012 😉

???   

Avengers wasn’t too preview heavy, but it still had 18.6 million, roughly 189 true FSS. The highest so far are it, JW, and TFA, all clustered around 189-191, leading to some claims of a “ceiling” around there. IW looks to be proving that wrong, as Deadline’s current 237 estimate for the weekend would be a nice 198 true FSS.

2 minutes ago, Sliver Legion said:

???   

Avengers wasn’t too preview heavy, but it still had 18.6 million, roughly 189 true FSS. The highest so far are it, JW, and TFA, all clustered around 189-191, leading to some claims of a “ceiling” around there. IW looks to be proving that wrong, as Deadline’s current 237 estimate for the weekend would be a nice 198 true FSS.

The Avengers had true midnights, not Thursday previews ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sliver Legion said:

???   

Avengers in 2012 was pre-Aurora "preview screenings". Everything it made that weekend was after 12:01am Friday morning.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AndyLL said:

WTF ?

@chasmmi

Is This fixable 

I think it's an obvious typo. So I'll change it to 249 when I get access to a pc.

(Ill only fix typos. And only when the typo makes a prediction ridiculous

E.g film x will make $4588m. And I'll only change it to a number that makes sense as a typo. 4588 cannot become 249.)

3 minutes ago, Sliver Legion said:

???   

Well Avengers adjusted would be like 215m true FSS today.

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

The Avengers had true midnights, not Thursday previews ;)

Ah, so that is the technicality in question. I was under the impression that shows between 12:01 and 6AM or so were conventionally counted as part of the Thursday preview gross rather than the true Friday though?

5 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Well Avengers adjusted would be like 215m true FSS today.

Yes, only the unadjusted record is in contention. My optimistic projections generally had IW doing exactly TA adjusted true FSS, but that looks pretty out of reach now.

Edited by Sliver Legion

I wouldn't count out Avengers yet. Sure it's more likely that it doesn't get the weekend record (which is fine, it didn't have to) but I wouldn't be surprised if it does better on Saturday and Sunday than people are thinking.

16 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

I think it's an obvious typo. So I'll change it to 249 when I get access to a pc.

(Ill only fix typos. And only when the typo makes a prediction ridiculous

E.g film x will make $4588m. And I'll only change it to a number that makes sense as a typo. 4588 cannot become 249.)

that's not a typo. it's A2's.....low-end. wink wink.