CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

3 minutes ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

http://deadline.com/2018/04/avengers-infinity-war-weekend-box-office-opening-records-1202378032/

Saturday 11:37PM: With an estimated $247.1MAvengers: Infinity War is quite close to smoking Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($247.96M) for the best domestic opening of all-time, but even rivals prefer to wait until morning before they even call it a record.

Today, Infinity War conquered the record for the best Saturday ever with $80.9M, which is 16% ahead of the previous Saturday record owned by Jurassic World ($69.6M, June 13, 2015). Today was a wonderful -25% ease from Friday’s $106.7M (including $39M Thursday previews). Back those previews out of Friday ($67.7M) and today was +19% over Friday for Infinity War.

Why are they putting it as 106.7 instead of Disney reported 106.0?

Just now, TalismanRing said:

:lol: on the w/e estimate with that Saturday

Those Star War Fan Boys at Deadline just won't give credit where it's due. 

Deadline bias! Need a recount

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Honestly it's pretty ridic that this is happening with only 39M previews

Throwback to 2 days ago when the forecast was a 5.77 internal multiplier. Now we’re looking at 6.4.   

Marvel don’t frontload.

8 minutes ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

http://deadline.com/2018/04/avengers-infinity-war-weekend-box-office-opening-records-1202378032/

Saturday 11:37PM: With an estimated $247.1MAvengers: Infinity War is quite close to smoking Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($247.96M) for the best domestic opening of all-time, but even rivals prefer to wait until morning before they even call it a record.

Today, Infinity War conquered the record for the best Saturday ever with $80.9M, which is 16% ahead of the previous Saturday record owned by Jurassic World ($69.6M, June 13, 2015). Today was a wonderful -25% ease from Friday’s $106.7M (including $39M Thursday previews). Back those previews out of Friday ($67.7M) and today was +19% over Friday for Infinity War.

b59240aa-c1ac-441c-aef2-57f116dc4510.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Astonished 1

Marvel isn't Star Wars. It never needed 57mil Thursday to break to or get close to the opening weekend record. I never got why anyone believed that. I could understand believing that it needed 45mil because I believed that as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

If the film did 80.9mil then it will break the opening weekend record. Movies like this ALWAYS have spillover business. No way it drops 25%.

Queue soft Monday drop and Tuesday nuclear meltdown

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

I am sticking by my original number and saying this hits right on $82m for the night.  Don't think it will fall quite 25% and comes in with a better number.  

Very impressive. I remember you were one of the first to call $250 million OW for IW when most thought it wouldn't approach TFA.