CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 hours ago, Jessie said:

How is it not? It spends a lot of the time calling white people colonists and literally ignoring white characters for actions that happened hundreds of years ago whilst audiences are like 'omg such an important movie'

NO

if i made a film called white knight and had scenes where the heroes ignored black guys for lets say being a big factor as to why homicide is so high in USA it wouldnt sit too well. 

Black Panther is a good movie but lets not act like it was a really important movie and not a little racist, dont be blind. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

How could he know that without even seeing a trailer or any public reaction? At least choose a film that has some type of marketing campaign already. That's just a wild guess which anyone could make based off the past.

yes and I'm saying my wild guessing is far superior that's all... plenty of factors to take into account already.

Edited by IronJimbo

15 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I sound like a broken record but I never understood the attitude of many people towards IW ever since the first trailer was released. Entering this forum was like entering a different reality to everywhere else, this thing had this gigantic hype and here I was mostly reading people talking about what a non-event this, how it has no buzz e.t.c e.t.c. 

Now I see people everywhere going crazy over this film and still read about how it will have bad legs because “kids were crying” or whatever else people can come up with. Honestly reading reactions everywhere else, I  can’t find a single reason why this won’t have very good legs, even freakin deadpool2 (which won’t hurt IW much anyway) comes out in IW FOURTH weekend. Thanos seems to becoming a part of pop culture around the world overnight and I still read here about bad legs, whatever.....

Seriously, neither i buy bad legs theory.....no way this will be too front-loaded, consensus regard this is a great film from all over the place.....even if this is kid-unfriendly, we have no other kid-friendly film in the marketplace, so no worry....

700m is almost a certainty and Avatar is now in danger domestically.... 

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

On another note, anyone else who thinks Infinity War has the best MCU soundtrack? Like, the stuff from the GOTG movies is very good and movies like Thor: Ragnarok or Iron Man also had solid music, but Silvestri really nailed this one.

Not surprised, he's a master and heck he already had the best score in the MCU with CA: TFA.

I still can't believe Ike dropped Silvestri from AOU because that weasel Tyler said he do the score for a buck

• Like 6

I still can't get over how IW didn't just beat the Saturday record, but pulverized it! That was the kind of number I got when I was comparing it other MCU Saturday jumps from true Friday and I just dismissed it, thinking the rules change when we're dealing with a Friday that big.

Nope. The lesson here is we can count on Marvel movies to behave the same way, regardless of the size of the numbers.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, AndyK said:

You told us Wonder Woman was "borderline mess" and Justice League was "Fine".

You might know box office but you know jack shit about what constitutes a good movie.

Opinions aren't facts yo 

• Like 1

Just now, AndyK said:

You might know box office but you know jack shit about what constitutes a good move.

Thats simply not true. He said the third act of WW was a mess and that the movie was going to be a big hit anyway. Btw, the third act of WW IS a mess, a very big one at that.

And with JL, he said he was beeing cautious to tell us its terrible nature because of the constant Marvel/DC flame war here.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

It was pretty great, yes. Love the music when Cap shows up, and the music that plays over the credits, wow. 

This is a great piece. Makes you wanna see the movie again. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

I still can't get over how IW didn't just beat the Saturday record, but pulverized it! That was the kind of number I got when I was comparing it other MCU Saturday jumps from true Friday and I just dismissed it, thinking the rules change when we're dealing with a Friday that big.

Nope. The lesson here is we can count on Marvel movies to behave the same way, regardless of the size of the numbers.

pulverized is nearly an understatement:lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyK said:

You might know box office but you know jack shit about what constitutes a good movie.

He had to lie about JL due to fear of reactions and to prevent fighting. The former is his opinion.

1 minute ago, KJsooner said:

Lol at these holdover drops this weekend. 

A Quiet Place and I Feel Pretty held fine all things considered. Monsters like this tend to decimate everything in their path so the big drops are never surprising.