CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

3 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Without getting into spoilers...the ending rubbed certain people in my theater the wrong way. I could hear them commenting as I walked out. I don't know if that's going to be the case elsewhere but I guess we'll see. Saw a ton of trends pop up on Twitter too but those leaned more positive or another word I don't want to use because I feel it would be spoilery.

Yep, just keep it clean, don't quote twitter at all.  That's the safe way to go.  :)

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

Not the politics thread.  Keep guns and car laws out of this please

Sorry just saw this

Anyways 45m would be great for a franchise that (correct me if im wrong) hasnt topped 30m with previews before.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

First thursday Numbers, this means preview number is not far out!

Fortunately Rampage did well so far and managed to pass the ball

ImpoliteForthrightHousefly-size_restrict

Hope it recovers within a few days.

• Like 1

Just now, RandomCat said:

With all this waiting, This number better be terrible or fantastic. If it's just as expected, I'm going to be disappointed.

I for one think Deadline numbers are very clear and very specific. 36-38 or 45+.

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

It s still baffling to me people in here are still comparing multipliers between 50, 100, 150, 200, 250m openers and afterwards make conclusions about legs.

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

That is also why the legs discussion is wrong too.

You open to 200m, you burned  a giant part of demand but if you end at 400m like Civil War last year, it doesn't necessarily  means your legs were that bad or wom was terrible.

The rervoir can only be that big.

Think about the Twilight BO runs, bad legs  amirite ?

Except not.

All these people who saw these movies loved it and came back year after year despite the tepid multipliers.

Twilight movies had terrific WOM but awful multipliers, yes it is possible.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

I think deadline would have done another update if the numbers deviated a lot from 45 million>? 

Have previews ever been way off from early estimates? 

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Assuming RPO and Rampage have the exact same Day-to-day changes as last week, and their predicted number are true they are looking at respective 61 and 59% drops

Gives RPO 2.9 fss and Rampage 8.2

Just now, baumer said:

Yep, just keep it clean, don't quote twitter at all.  That's the safe way to go.  :)

Yeah I won't. It wasn't necessarily even quoting twitter but it's a word that I think describes the experience pretty authentically.  

• Like 1

Looking for a great weekend.

Question to all. I know this has been discussed in the past, but is Regal the only movie theater chain that offers pre-seat selections when buying tickets? Have AMC or other chains follow suit? I haven't checked to be honest.

This to me, is one of the greatest thing about going to movies now. I don't have to arrive two hours earlier to form a ridiculous line to get good seats. Now, I can arrive 30 seconds before preview starts and no one has touched my reserve seat.