Water Bottle

The Walking Dead | AMC

Now that we are emotionally invested in those characters, they can kill them off for cheap and highly effective drama.

Considering that greta characters such as Michonne, Tyrese and The Governor haven`t been introduced yet, we`ve nothing to lose if they decide to run current crop over with a lawnmower. Edited by fishnets

I'm happy. This, Dexter, and Sons of Anarchy are all finished for a while and I can get a break. I hate how all the good tv shows are on at the same time.One good thing though- MAD MEN is back soon.

3 of my favorite show too...

Part one of season two was the most disappointing TV of 2011.

They made a big mistake (or, again, AMC cut their budget too short) in making the characters more significant than the zombies. Walking Dead, after your wonderful pilot, you made the decision to become a outrageous and outrageously fun show. No one cares about the contrived dialouge or storylines. They're now just what we have to watch to get to the zombies. And we went entire episodes this half-season without zombies, or zombies that did anything.

Really, AMC? Breaking Bad and Mad Men have finite endings scheduled. Your shows after those are what, this? Hell on Wheels? The Killing? A show about Kevin Smith's comic shop? Ugh.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

Part one of season two was the most disappointing TV of 2011.They made a big mistake in making the characters more significant than the zombies.

Actualy that's the entire point of the source material, and the show as well. There are several issues back to back in the comics that literally have *no* walkers.

I haven't read the comics but on this TV show the characters are extremely boring. They spent the whole half season searching for a minor character I forgot existed, and all that did was make the audience realize how lame they are. The show only comes to life during the zombie sequences and the scenes surrounding the zombie sequences.

They should have went with Darabont's idea for the first episode of Season 2. He was going to have the whole episode be a flashback that focused on a military team evacuating the city and even briefly show Amy and Andrea when they first meet Dale. It would end with only one soldier left, getting bit and then crawling into a tank. The same tank Rick climbs into in the pilot. Darabont wanted to show that every zombie has a backstory. The coolest part is they were gonna have Sam Witwer play the soldier and he went uncredited as the zombie in the pilot just to set this episode up. Having this episode would have helped the first half of season 2 immensely. It would start the show off with a lot of action, and then they could have cut an entire episode's worth of filler out. Oh well.

Posted Image

I liked the first episode of season 2 but what you said sounds even better. They can still do it since its a flashback episode....

well now that Darabont is done with the show and they're openly talking about the idea, I say the chances of it happening are pretty minuscule. I do think they should do a flashback episode though. Maybe Morgan and his son trying to survive and they see the tank soldier and other familiar survivors and then the episode ends with them reuniting with Rick.

This exciting new show is about to premiere in Australia for the first time in any format. It's called The Walking Dead. Australians will get their first chance to see it on FEB 26 2012 on the new FX channel. Actually not all Australians. Regional subscribers to Austar will have to wait.http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/01/the-walking-dead-to-launch-fx-channel.html(WARNING:This post contains sarcasm)

Lori's actions in this episode were just stupid. Rick goes into town, knowing that girl is sick, to get Herchel. Then, literally 5 minutes later, Lori decides she needs to go get Rick. It was just an idiotic setup for some future plot development. Basically ruined the episode for me. Let's hope this isn't a sign of things to come.