Water Bottle

The Walking Dead | AMC

Is their budget significantly slashed this season? Because nothing really happened in these first seven episodes save the premiere, the finale and a few good character moments. For them, staying on the farm makes sense, but it doesn't make for exciting TV. They don't have good enough performances to fall back on. And from the preview it doesn't look like they're leaving the farm when the show comes back in February.I know this isn't Mad Men or Breaking Bad. Walking Dead's strength has always been the zombie kills, which the show has proven it can do very well. But if you don't have enough money to do a lot of those, what's the point?

Edited by Gopher

Shane and Rick's actors do quite well, Norman Reedus is a solid actor if we haven't seen much out of him. Andrea's actor had a moment of brilliance in "Vatos", but I haven't seen much of her since.The show's well-written and good enough to keep me returning to it weekly. There's not really anything to steal my attention away from it.

Is their budget significantly slashed this season? Because nothing really happened in these first seven episodes save the premiere, the finale and a few good character moments. For them, staying on the farm makes sense, but it doesn't make for exciting TV. They don't have good enough performances to fall back on. And from the preview it doesn't look like they're leaving the farm when the show comes back in February.I know this isn't Mad Men or Breaking Bad. Walking Dead's strength has always been the zombie kills, which the show has proven it can do very well. But if you don't have enough money to do a lot of those, what's the point?

AMC did slash the budget by I think close to 25% an episode. It's part of the reason why Darabont got forced out as showrunner, because he wasn't happy about that.

I don't understand the budget cut at all. They've got potentially the most successful cable drama ever on their hands. They were cautious in the first season by doing just 6 episodes in the first season, and when the show ends up being huge, they cut the budget on as safe a bet for success imaginable.

• Like 1

The money went to Mad Men which isn't nearly seen as much as The Walking Dead. Why would they take money from something that gives them the most viewers (and the most viewers for any show on basic cable) and put it on a show that a lot fewer people watch? That's just dumb business decision making.

I don't understand the budget cut at all. They've got potentially the most successful cable drama ever on their hands. They were cautious in the first season by doing just 6 episodes in the first season, and when the show ends up being huge, they cut the budget on as safe a bet for success imaginable.

It's because as iceroll said that money went to financing long-term deals with Mad Men and Breaking Bad people.

AMC did slash the budget by I think close to 25% an episode. It's part of the reason why Darabont got forced out as showrunner, because he wasn't happy about that.

Thats just stupid.. They should have increased it by 25% instead

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/walking-dead-what-happened-fired-221449According to this article, AMC cut the budget from $3.4M to $2.75M so around $650K. That is still really high for a cable television series but I still don't understand why they would cut the budget of their highest rated show. Highest rated cable show in fact...

• Community Manager

Yeah, it's idiotic. Matthew Weiner from Mad Men has a lot of swing over at AMC and that's their prestige show. Maybe not for long though, I can see Walking Dead making a splash at the award shows this year.

Yeah, no. I like the show, but it's too inconsistent and when other than the few amazing scenes the show has, it tends to be happy with being medicore.

WD has way too many characters for its own good and all of them stereotypes. Lets see if you can guess who`s who (I expect 100% score from everyone):A reluctant heroA tough guyA rogue with the heart of goldA long-suffering wifeA chick with the gunAn old wise manA smart Asian kidA precocious kidA grieving momA token black guyAn old man with a secretA rebellious daughterThey are all sterotypes and nothing more than that. Plus majority of actors are not particulary gifted.In short, keep Daryl. Open season on everyone else.