Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

Pretty sure it has Marvel's blessing.

But it looks like trash.

Tom Hardy is miscast as hell. He should also stop putting on these ridiculous accents.

I used to think he was a pretty good actor, but more and more it seems he just really has a riff on one thing.

I saw this trailer last night in front of IW. The crowd seemed to like it...but I thought it was awful. I figured with the cast, it had to be good at least, but some of the dialogue in the trailer were just...yikes. No one clapped or anything, but some guy near the front told his friends he had to see it. And it has high trailer views and like count. It might do really well. I was planning to watch it before this trailer, but I think I’ll only see it if it gets good reviews. Hope it’s decent at least for the cast’s sake. 

11 hours ago, Porthos said:

So who's going to be the person to start the Venom > 300m DOM club? :thinking:

5 hours ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

I’m thinking about making a Venom over SM3 DOM club

1Z6YMNr.gif

(Call it Venom's Revenge or some catchy title like that ;))

I thought the trailer was fine. Looks a little self serious, but at least Sony doesn't seem to be trying to get looney again. And I like that Sony made Venom look like Venom. I have to say, the mob mentality is very annoying. Yall are laughing at and clowning this movie just because everyone else is, looking for likes. I don't really see what's funny. 

This movie is doing Logan's numbers at worst.

At best, it'll perform like Suicide Squad / Deadpool. The hype is big and the number of likes in the trailer is insanely huge. It's the third most liked movie trailer only behind the 2 trailers for Infinity War. People clearly liked what they saw in the trailer.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

@Chewy

I'm finally seeing Hardy Boy for the first time in 2.5 hours (Watch me end up with bad luck and I get the Sequelizer trailer instead)

I didn't even get Sequelizer. I guess my theater thinks Adrift is higher priority (tho to be fair, that actually does look quite good. I didn't see the trailer beforehand, so I was rather impressed with what I saw)

42 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

If it’s rated R I think over 150m for OW would be tough, but given SM3s legs I think DOM has the better shot.

19 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I think they meant venom domestic total over sm3 ow

yeah. meant that venom dom over sm3 ow is more realistic than venom dom over sm3 dom.

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

yeah. meant that venom dom over sm3 ow is more realistic than venom dom over sm3 dom.

That’s obviously more likely (because if it does the latter it does the former)

But that’s not a fun club so no go

• Like 1