Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

Obviously there is a lot of interest in the film, whether that will translate to hard numbers remains to be seen. I think it will have a good opening weekend but it will have crap legs if it sucks. comic book movies more than any genre depends on good reviews. 

8 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Obviously there is a lot of interest in the film, whether that will translate to hard numbers remains to be seen. I think it will have a good opening weekend but it will have crap legs if it sucks. comic book movies more than any genre depends on good reviews. 

Weren’t Suicide Squad’s legs fine though?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Weren’t Suicide Squad’s legs fine though?

2.4 for a non sequel that barely had any comp? Not horrible but if it were really fine I don't see why it would go under a 2.6. The quality needs to be brought way up for the sequel to not pull a Justice League.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

47 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

That’s obviously more likely (because if it does the latter it does the former)

But that’s not a fun club so no go

i meant realism from the perspective of maintaining the club: as in you might get in good ratio of in/out whlle 336 might give you too many outs. idk but feel than if in/out are close to 50-50 the club becomes interesting. of course, there's no way to figure out now what folks feel. maybe 336 will keep things interesting too.

Edited by a2knet

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

i meant realism from the perspective of maintaining the club: as in you might get in good ratio of in/out whlle 336 might give you too many outs. idk but feel than if in/out are close to 50-50 the club becomes interesting. of course, there's no way to figure out now what folks feel. maybe 336 will keep things interesting too.

The club is up now and has plenty of people in.  I don’t like 50/50 ratios, people need to take risks for clubs or not make them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

32 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

The club is up now and has plenty of people in.  I don’t like 50/50 ratios, people need to take risks for clubs or not make them.

I mean, on the one hand 50/50 is nice when you're expecting 25/75, as it means you might not be as far off base as you thought when creating a club.

On the other hand, I've come around greatly to the idea that Tele endorsed that a club should be unlikely and/or have something interesting to say.  

Have to admit I did pause here at 336, but in for a penny and all that.

• Like 2

I think there is a proven market of hardcore fans of these superhero films that will go to anything remotely related to Marvel and DC at this point thanks to a boom in nerd culture. So I don't think we need to worry about any Marvel or DC films bombing in an egregious way at the current moment. But I think Sony is certainly still on the bubble. They need this ti succeed, and thankfully, due to the booming nerd culture, it kind of already is.

31 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

if you look through the list, the other stuff that got emojis are amazing spider-man 2, terminator genisys, x-men apocalypse, true detective season 2. therefore it doesn't bode well for this.

In a horrible parallel world, we d have a Thanos emoji.

Edited by The Futurist

10 hours ago, slambros said:

I think there is a proven market of hardcore fans of these superhero films that will go to anything remotely related to Marvel and DC at this point thanks to a boom in nerd culture.

That is true if who know how many reboot in a very short windows completely loaded Fantastic 4 can do 167m... the floor must be not too far from that. (if you go see Fantastic 4, what would not go to ???)

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

On 28/04/2018 at 9:52 PM, Zakiyyah6 said:

2.4 for a non sequel that barely had any comp? Not horrible but if it were really fine I don't see why it would go under a 2.6. The quality needs to be brought way up for the sequel to not pull a Justice League.

If Venom opens anywhere near Suicide Squad and has a 2.4 multiplier then Sony is greenlighting a sequel faster than you could say sym-bye-ote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/29/2018 at 6:08 PM, CoolioD1 said:

if you look through the list, the other stuff that got emojis are amazing spider-man 2, terminator genisys, x-men apocalypse, true detective season 2. therefore it doesn't bode well for this.

Hey now, Jeb! was obviously one of the more ‘quality’ GOP primary candidates 2 years ago, otherwise he wouldn’t have lost!

:jeb!:

Edited by Critically Acclaimed Panda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1