Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Suicide Squad and Deadpool were both big hits. I don’t think their ratings had much to do with it. 

Unless that explains the domestic drop off from Deadpool 1 to 2. 

Deadpool 2 did better domestically than I thought it would. Sure it didn't do as well as Iron Man 2 or Spider-Man 2 but only a 12% drop in revenue (more in ticket sales of course) is decent retention for the sequel to an  irreverent action comedy that could have easily been a one movie wonder. It wasn't the rating that hindered it,  it's the type of film that it is. 

20 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Deadpool 2 did better domestically than I thought it would. Sure it didn't do as well as Iron Man 2 or Spider-Man 2 but only a 12% drop in revenue (more in ticket sales of course) is decent retention for the sequel to an  irreverent action comedy that could have easily been a one movie wonder. It wasn't the rating that hindered it,  it's the type of film that it is. 

Hmm, I’m still really surprised that it fell at all tbh. 

11 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Jeff Sneider heard this was a mess but idk if that's news to anyone.

Sometimes, maybe even often,  early quality reports are bullshit so I'll take that one with a grain of salt but the nonsense trailers already point to it being a mess. Hope it can be fixed but I don't think it will be. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6

29 minutes ago, John Marston said:

This looks like a movie that should have a strong opening weekend but horrendous legs. Like nearly 50% total in opening weekend 

Imagine if this and A Star is Born end up playing out like Batman & Robin and My Best Friend's Wedding.

15 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So, 

Harley Quinn (SS)

Deadpool

This

Is there any other currently very popular superhero property that I should know about that still hasn't got its movie yet ?

Well Venom was already in Spider-Man 3 (and Deadpool in Origins: Wolverine but quite different from his solo movie).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Well Venom was already in Spider-Man 3 (and Deadpool in Origins: Wolverine but quite different from his solo movie).

I mean yeah, I forgot, but they have their solo movies now and I feel Margot Robbie is gona play Harley Quinn for quite some time.

The trailer indicates that this may land somewhere between Green Lantern and X-Men Origins: Wolverine in terms of quality. That motorcycle jump sequences kills whatever little interest I have in this project.  Again, trailers can be misleading, but there's so much here (despite being out of context) that doesn't look good.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

The trailer indicates that this may land somewhere between Green Lantern and X-Men Origins: Wolverine in terms of quality. That motorcycle jump sequences kills whatever little interest I have in this project.  Again, trailers can be misleading, but there's so much here (despite being out of context) that doesn't look good.

Exactly how I feel.

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Considering it was right on the tail of two monstrous CBM's, the fact that it still did as much as it did instead of Solo-ing is impressive in its own right.

Hmm, I’m still a little surprised. 

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Your expectations were too high.  

I don’t think they were. 

Watched the trailer, jings, this looks like a total turkey.