Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

still confused why anyone would want to see a movie about a Spider-Man villain with not Spider-Man and not in the MCU. 

Yeah, I am against the film for those two reasons. But I would have given it a go if the trailers were decent but I think they suck so...

50 minutes ago, John Marston said:

still confused why anyone would want to see a movie about a Spider-Man villain with not Spider-Man and not in the MCU. 

Honestly, I don't really mind the lack of MCU and Spider-Man connections. It's more the fact that it's not only starting it's own cinematic universe, but it just looks like edgy trash.

I think the upcoming Joker film is intriguing because, not only is it a standalone, but it also is trying a different genre (gritty crime drama) that isn't often seen in CBMs. If Venom was its own standalone film/series and did a genre like, say, horror, then I'd be more interested in this (and maybe a better director and writer team too while we're at it).

But who knows, this could turn out decent. I may only see it in theaters if my Dad wants to see it, but I could end up liking it too.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Spider-Man will join the :Venom:verse if Venom is successful.

In fact, don't be surprised if Tom Holland has a cameo in this one.

I was looking forward to it. I mean, Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams, dark comic book adaption, anti hero...it just sounded so good.

But new trailer kind of killed my interest in this. I can not explain why. It just looks...goofy now. 

Not sure if I join the "under 100 million" club but I also can't see a true blockbuster in this anymore. Especially with the new "Halloween" movie around which could become a kind of "mini IT".

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

This is no way looks like one of Snyder's DC movies

Yeah Snyder's movies,sans JL which had severe bts problems,always looked incredible.Minus one trailer for BVS all the rest are work of art.BVS ComicCon trailer might be my all time fave.I personally love both MOS and BVS but i know many people don't and even then can't deny the terrific trailers.

This,on the other hand,looks like shit from start to finish.

• Like 1

So, either this movie :

- is a sad joke that will be ridiculed as time passes by.

- is a visionary movie, so edgy that Deadpool is already jealous and cannot touch himself at night anymore.

Choose your side.

• Haha 1