Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

LMao at the younger people just not feeling this.  It's so "dorky" or "he's not cool enough" with the "terd in the wind" comment. I was a teen when lethal protector first came out.  I actually grew up loving spidey but venom was even better.  This is venom. Venom is a combo of a meathead and a crazy ass alien...da fuck u expect?  Some prophetic lines?  This looks amazing...only reservation I have is the whole riot thing...just do carnage instead with a serial killer where he can exercise his bad guy vibes in the first part then draw a line and be like no I eat murderers In the second part.    

Pros- That Venom CGI is f'ing amazing already

- Hardy

- The conflict b/w Brock/venom

- Venom as a sarcastic, awesome alien

Cons - Will the action be good? Will it be different enough to stand out?

- Riot? really

- Story? 

I always look at directors for hope...and I don't have hope looking at this director, but the trailers have given me some, and mainly Hardy has given me a lot.   Fingers are crossed for a dope movie but we shall see.  

Edited by holcs

32 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The only complaint I have about this is that there's something off with Venom, don't know if it's the CGI or the voice but there's something that doesn't seem right to me, but it may be ok with the film depending on the tone. Tom Hardy is awesome.

For me it’s the voice. They’ll probably sort it out by time the film is released.

This is baffling...why did this trailer connect to the internet audience? what makes it so special? is it the creature design? anyone have an explanation?

i think ive asked this before lol  still...it's crazy what's happening

Edited by Alli

8 minutes ago, Alli said:

This is baffling...why did this trailer connect to the internet audience? what makes it so special? is it the creature design? anyone have an explanation?

Venom is probably one of the most iconic and popular Marvel villains

2 hours ago, Alli said:

Same reason Suicide squad did and as raulbalarezo said, iconic villain.

12 hours ago, DMan7 said:

With how successful this venom movie has become at least in terms of trailer views and likes, I'm wondering if we'll see a similar response to that Joker standalone movie next year as well?

My guess, no !

1 minute ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Could be dangerous to make a club based off trailer views, especially if it's domestic.

Yeah , the BP youtube views burnt any faith I had in those as a metric.

17 hours ago, Alli said:

When you hear of something so bad you have to watch it be in on the joke, the trailer gets views. It then gets "likes" cause yeah, you enjoyed laughing your ass off at the bad CGI and lame dialogue like "turd in the wind".

The screenplay was written by someone channeling their inner 14yr old Middle School self no doubt.

I read 75% or better of those Venom mini-series events through the 90s. I was there for rise of Venom I understand he's not Hamlet. That said I can still expect better than what I'm seeing. Those that are fine with it and explain it away as they like can do that. I contend the trailer views and likes are misleading and will not translate into tickets sold. This is more likely to be the Blade Runner 2049 of this Fall. High hopes, Low results.

3 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Could be dangerous to make a club based off trailer views, especially if it's domestic.

It isn't perfectly correlated but trailer views are probably the best stat we amateurs can use so far from release. Or to put it another way: it could be dangerous to make a <$100M DOM club for a film with so many views.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Avi Arad and the other ASM producer are producing this. That should put the rest any hope of this film being good

Avi Arad also produced great Spider Man movies, so there's nothing wrong with it.

7 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Based on what? Explain why you think this. 

R-rated movie about Spider Man villain with much lower budget grosses more than PG-13 MCU Spider-Man movie with Tony Stark in it. I think it would be embarassing for them and wonderful for Sony.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1