Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Oh I completely agree. Maybe I shouldn't be but I'm decently cautiously optimistic. Enjoyed both the Aquaman and Shazam trailers. 

Here's hoping I get there with Venom. I don't like the trailers man. I'm trying to but I can't force myself to. 

I still don't know what to think about venom trailers so you are not alone. is it a comedy? Unintentional comedy? What is it? :thinking:

• Like 1

I liked the first trailer but this one is just awful lol the CGI looks bad and some of the lines from venom were corny....

i couldnt decipher what was being said in the trailer

Edited by YLF

17 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I still don't know what to think about venom trailers so you are not alone. is it a comedy? Unintentional comedy? What is it? :thinking:

It is VENOM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

To undestand Hardy in this you need to practice for two weeks with TDKR and Peaky Blinders. "Leo and the bear" might help as well

Wait until we get the Locke double Tom H crossover and Venom starts speaking Welsh.

Okay, I love Tom Hardy, but his New York accent really isn’t working. 

Anyway, there wasn’t really anything about the trailer that grabbed me. That end bit with him telling the guy how he’s gonna eat him was kind of amusing, and the fact that he literally licks someone’s face is pretty hilarious, but for the most part, this seemed like a pretty standard trailer. 

As as a side note, as someone who does not understand the complaints about the CGI in the Aquaman trailer, I will say that the CGI for this movie actually does look kind of dodgy. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

One of my main problems with the Venom trailers is that I see no emotional component even being hinted at. All I see is Hardy once again pretending to be Marlon Bando mumbling his lines and "kewl" shots of Venom. Mumbling guy becomes Venom. Why should I care?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

JL bombed because of BVS yet WW opened over $100 million that makes a lot of sense.

WW opened well because it looked far removed from BVS.

JL flopped Opening Weekend because it looked like a continuation of BVS.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AJG said:

WW opened well because it looked far removed from BVS.

JL flopped Opening Weekend because it looked like a continuation of BVS.

Even then WW opened to less than $10m more than JL with very good reviews and with the bonus of being a long awaited movie and the first female lead SH film in over a decade.  It's opening was probably also damaged by BvS.  It's legs are what made it huge, not it's opening.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

JL bombed because of BVS yet WW opened over $100 million that makes a lot of sense.

It does make some sense, WW was set a century before BvS, looked different and achieved that 100m OW by attracting the F+25 demo.

JL looked like a direct continuation to BvS that did set it at the end of the movie. And JL friday was bigger than WW.

Preview gross:

BvS: 27.700m

Justice league: 13m

WW 11.000m

WW drop from BvS could easily have been worst than JL,  success is a lot a good internal multi/legs story.

Edited by Barnack