sfran43

Tuesday's Numbers (IW 23.5) page 2

42 minutes ago, REC said:

I consider this little “passing of the baton” to be especially meaningless and hollow.  In the context of Star Wars the brand and story, it makes no sense.  They write their most beloved characters in such a way that they throw away light sabers.  They don’t like or respect their own mythology, fans or material.

:ph34r: but that isn't true.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BK007 said:

I thought most if not all massive openers drop on Tuesdays these days?

IW did drop by 5.3% unless you mean WW in which case Tuesday was a holiday in most places

Edited by Ledmonkey96

9 minutes ago, BK007 said:

I thought most if not all massive openers drop on Tuesdays these days?

Domestically? Yes. Finding Dory is the only one in the top 15 Non-Holiday Mondays to increase on Tuesday. 

Edited by Belle
Nvm Last Jedi's second Monday was Christmas.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I think Beauty and the Beast is the biggest opener to have a substantial increase on its first Tuesday.

Yep. It increased 32.1% while every other one above it fell. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bladels said:

All $200M+ openers drop on Tue. I don't know why some of you guys expect $27-30M

Some are just expecting TFA numbers I think and it's just not going to match that..  that kind of run comes along once. 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Some are just expecting TFA numbers I think and it's just not going to match that..  that kind of run comes along once. 

Thankfully it will pass TFA worldwide.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Yep. Luckily though it's going to make up the dom difference and then some with huge overseas numbers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RRA said:

So....Wednesday numbers?

You know we won't get those until about 9AM forums time.  The only way we get them early is if RTH gives them to us but he usually just pops by on weekends now.

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

You know we won't get those until about 9AM forums time.  The only way we get them early is if RTH gives them to us but he usually just pops by on weekends now.

If I knew, i wouldn’t have asked. :gold:

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

We usually get them randomly in the morning from Boxofficereport, or some other source, now. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

3 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

We usually get them randomly in the morning from Boxofficereport, or some other source, now. 

Yes, at about 9AM forums time.  

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yes, at about 9AM forums time.  

The official numbers for the really big films, like Infinity War, also don't tend to get released until around noon. 

Edited by Fancyarcher