Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War is ending its first week with $338.3M after continuing to be the top film yesterday with $15.5M, -8% from Wednesday.

Earlier week projections for Infinity War‘s weekend 2 were between $100M-$125M.

That left others to counter-program, and Lionsgate/Pantelion/MGM has Overboard which is squarely targeting Hispanic moviegoers and fans of Mexican star Eugenio Derbez. The pic made $675K in previews last night, a figure that bests the $450K previews made by Derbez’s previous comedy a year ago, How to Be a Latin Lover.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/avengers-infinity-war-second-weekend-box-office-overboard-tully-bad-samaritan-1202382713/

• Like 5

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Audience scores:

Overboard: 83%

Bad Samaritan: 78%

Tully: 67%

Tully's mixed WOM begins :jeb!: 

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

RT Aud. Scores

Eugenio. His POWAH

flat,800x800,075,f.u6.jpg

• Astonished 1

Just now, KJsooner said:

The avengers puts it right at 130 mil? That’s where I see it. MCU movies play well on Saturdays

Hey sooner look we agree on something ain't that cool

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Audience scores:

Tully's mixed WOM begins :jeb!: 

Tully apparently has a big plot twist that changes the entire movie. Can't say I'm surprised Focus had no idea how to sell it.

I have seen some reviews of Tully which have hinted at something unexpected with its ending. Critics seem to be fine with it but you never know with audiences. So that low audience score is not surprising. However, its preview gross from last night must have been tiny, perhaps less than $250K.

Tully is also a much more serious movie than the trailers are suggesting. Apparently the trailers are selling it way too lightly, and it's a drama with some comedic lines.

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tully is also a much more serious movie than the trailers are suggesting. Apparently the trailers are selling it way too lightly, and it's a drama with some comedic lines.

I expected no less. Young Adult was also sold as being something much lighter than it was.

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week:

Life of the Party: 1:41. Attachments unknown (probably 2/3 between Ocean's 8, Tag, and Crazy Rich Asians).

Breaking In: 1:25. Attachment is Night School.

Edited by WrathOfHan