Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

16 minutes ago, LinksterAC said:

For the sake of discussion:

Has there ever been an MCU movie this long?  It’s a full half hour longer than BP.  That has to have an impact on Friday gross potential.  Look at The Fellowship of the Ring’s post-holiday Friday to Saturday bumps.  Pretty much 90-100%

To be clear, I agree that predicting a 60M Saturday is not substantiated by a ton of data, but it’s also not completely unprecedented for really long movies, is it?

I am talking about second weekend numbers here. If any weekends fri to sat will do then u need not look far to FotR. BP itself had few jumps close to 90 and SMH last year also managed 90 plus jump. But these are all in later weeks not the second week. Even FotR did not jump 90 for many weeks after ita opening

• Like 1

top five

raiders

jaws

bridge of spies

et

war of the worlds

AI ok top six

it's a shame tom pissed off the 'berg so much during the wotw press tour minority report just outside my top five they were a DOPE team-up.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

I adore the Indy trilogy but it is idealized now by cinephiles  because it is CGI free.

No, they're idolized because they're real good.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Spielberg has yet to show he can do an interesting & complex set piece with tons of CGI like the blockbusters post first Transformers, 2012 & Avatar, so post 2007.

Ready Player One was a freaking joke in that regard.

Spielberg s best CGI film is the BFG but that movie didn't really have action (it had some I know) 

You do realize Jurassic Park didn't use actual dinosaurs and the CGI is still a benchmark today?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i was right when i called that ready player one was gonna be his ugliest movie btw.

Trailers looked like dog shit.

Movie was dog shit.