Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

^best Indiana Jones that isn't the first one

Having seen the trilogy on the big screen last year I can get behind this. Used to think Crusade was #2 but now it feels a lil too corny and soft, while the sheer outrageous overload of Temple has grown on me

• Like 1

My sister and I watched Temple of Doom when we were both pretty young so she was fucking traumatized by the flaming kebab stabbing the other guy in the opening scene and left the room not long after.  If only she stayed for the heart ripped from chest scene.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 > 3 >>> 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4.

Just before any meltdowns occur if Saturday comes at, say, 48.5M - if it follows Panther's Sunday and drops 25.7%, it makes around 115.9M for the weekend, which would be a 55% dead-on drop and would STILL be an amazing hold for IW :sparta:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

4 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Well, I usually care about logic in all movies. It did get better since they arrived at the Indian village though. 

Man this is a horrible way to watch movies.  Not everything demands logic.  Just enjoy the film instead of overanalyzing everything in it like you're CinemaSins.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

But... The Return of the Jedi actually was the last one. Or so people thought at the time.    

And Revenge of the Sith, similarly, was actually seen as the last one.      

That won’t apply to IX — everyone knows X is coming, and probably within a half dozen years.

Episode 10 will definitely happen, Disney is not gonna stop milking this multi billion dollar cow. But the next trilogy doesnt have a fixed date yet so we dont know when it will happen. There will definitely be a gap of few years. Plus this last movie will close out the current story line so people will be curious to see how it all ends

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Having seen the trilogy on the big screen last year I can get behind this. Used to think Crusade was #2 but now it feels a lil too corny and soft, while the sheer outrageous overload of Temple has grown on me

honestly to me last crusade always felt like the ocean's 13 thing of "wow folks were mad at us for doing something weird last time let's just do the first one again". the added chemistry w/ connery helps it not feel like a total rehash but the vibe is still there.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Temple of Doom is hilarious and very entertaining (minus the annoying kid and Willy. Every time i revisit the film i want both to die), but for me Crusade is easily the best Indiana Jones film that isnt called Raiders of the Lost Ark. Watched that thing like 50 times as a kid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Man this is a horrible way to watch movies.  Not everything demands logic.  Just enjoy the film instead of overanalyzing every shot.

I don't think I over analyze, I usually try to give the movie the benefit of the doubt, like "maybe there is a reason for the characters to do this, that I just don't know". But when it is so clear and important for a scene, it takes me out of it. 

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Just before any meltdowns occur if Saturday comes at, say, 48.5M - if it follows Panther's Sunday and drops 25.7%, it makes around 115.9M for the weekend, which would be a 55% dead-on drop and would STILL be an amazing hold for IW :sparta:

It'll be 60M. But if it doesn't even come close I'm not going to "meltdown.". Dunno what it is with people and avoiding "melt downs" at all cost.  You're predicting a movie's weekend take for goodness sakes...you're risking nothing.  If you can't be bold on predicting something you're a fan of to do well when there is absolutely zero downside then I can only imagine how safe some of you play it in the real world....

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Below 50M and we riot. 

26 minutes ago, AJG said:

They remade it for TV like a week ago. Nobody cared. Nobody watched.

i watched it because victoria justice is hot but it was also terrible and the least sexual thing i've ever seen so a mixed bag.

1 minute ago, Rumpot said:

It'll be 60M. But if it doesn't even come close I'm not going to "meltdown.". Dunno what it is with people and avoiding "melt downs" at all cost.  You're predicting a movie's weekend take for goodness sakes...you're risking nothing.  If you can't be bold on predicting something you're a fan of to do well when there is absolutely zero downside then I can only imagine how safe some of you play it in the real world....

I said "before meltdowns occur". I didn't say I was trying to avoid them from happening. :sparta:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Below 50M and we riot. 

Yes. Under 50M and you find me in a ditch somewhere having soiled myself. Or more likely I'll just say, "oh well" and move on with my day.