Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

5 minutes ago, YLF said:

avatar is on hbo and ive never seen it... is it worth watching? since i heard the only thing good about it was its 3D effects, not so sure its worth watching in 2d

It's pretty great. Good stuff.

14 minutes ago, XO21 said:

This thing is demolishing Age Of Ultron and with a 2.35 multi is getting to over $600m which would have seemed extremely optimistic few weeks ago...

Exactly. It's doing impressive numbers. Will it have Wonder Woman level legs? No but it's drop is not extraordinarily unusual one way or the other. Since when has a 55-57% drop been terrible for a film that opened above 150mil? If Batman v Superman had dropped 55-57% during it's second weekend WB and fans would have been satisfied. Who would be claiming that drop was some crushing disappointment? Yes, it would have been neat if Avengers 3 wasn't headed for a run of the mill drop but it is. By all means be disappointed because you didn't see the possibility of frontloading for a second sequel but I always believe that is possible. I think people should start keeping their expectations in check. Black Panther's extraordinary run has really skewed things for certain people.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

2b locked they said... avatar dom in trouble they said.. titanic dom in trouble they said

I've got to be honest a fell for your guys hype, don't get me worried like that again unless youre 100%

Off back to sleep, going to sleep like a baby

I meant Titanic Worldwide here.

It's annoying that I'll have to go through an ordeal like this 2 maybe 3 more times before my sequel is released. I just need Avatar to remain the highest grossing film until dec 18 2020 so that the marketing team can go "the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time!"

When Deadpool releases I'm guessing this will be on just over 550m dom. Its legs will be slightly worse after that then you have Solo as well. Sub 700m is more likely than not imo

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

Watching the 2003 Texas Chainsaw Massacre. This one is so good. And Jessica Biel is hot as you know what.

btw

with alll this Horror Renessanse we still don't get the same thing for slashers

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, YLF said:

avatar is on hbo and ive never seen it... is it worth watching? since i heard the only thing good about it was its 3D effects, not so sure its worth watching in 2d

Avatar is good. I haven't seen it in a few years but I always enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

btw

I like some slashers but it's my least favorite type of horror film by far. It's an incredibly difficult sub genre of horror to get right. I don't see a Renessanse for that very reason.

24 minutes ago, baumer said:

Watching the 2003 Texas Chainsaw Massacre. This one is so good. And Jessica Biel is hot as you know what.

2003's TCM is indeed surprisingly good. Jessica Biel is as hot as the heart of a dying star? :redcapes:

On a different note, still amazes me how negatively Hollywood portrays small-town America. 

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

48% increase from Friday. It's actually a better increase from Friday than The Avengers.

Weren't TA and IW somehow within 2m of each other on friday though?

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

48% increase from Friday. It's actually a better increase from Friday than The Avengers.

True, but it's also lower than BP's 2nd Saturday. Let's see what it can do on Sunday. Can it beat BP on Sunday?

It's a gargantuan success overall, but the second weekend drop % looks like it's going to be harsh. 57%-59%, which would be close to Ultron %.

What's the lowest could go now? $650m? Below JW total? Sure BP is now going to probably remain the highest grossing Marvel film domestically?

Edited by MonstersandRoy

11 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It's an incredibly difficult sub genre of horror to get right. 

but, slashers need the same formula for success: STORY + SUSPENSE.

Why is "The Conjuring" so popular? Is it so scary? Nope. But it has story and we feel some connect with heroes. yes, spookie Nun it's cool and all this stuff, but smth like this 

is also important.

Again. Slashers just need the same ingridients.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

25 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

btw

The slasher had its time in the late 2000s/early 2010s but it never had its Conjuring/Paranormal Activity (it was either remakes/sequels or disposable crap) so it died out again.