Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

8 minutes ago, MonstersandRoy said:

It's by no means a flop, it's a gargantuan success, but the second weekend drop % looks like it's going to be harsh. 57%-59%, which would be close to Ultron %.

What's the lowest could go now? $650m? Below JW total? Sure BP is now going to probably remain the highest grossing Marvel film domestically?

If it plays like Ultron from Sunday onwards it gets to $657M. Would mean a 2.55x Multiplier.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 2

Just now, YLF said:

I thought 700M was locked on mon/tues bc it made 20M+ both days and if it reached close to 25M Monday 800M was in the cards?

Seems like it must have been spillover from the weekend.

• Like 3

This all feels a little more normal. Was only one way it could go after opening so huge. 

Unlike Black Panther, IW requires you to have seen multiple other MCU movies. So in that sense, its audience (albeit colossally massive) does have a limit. Expanding beyond that base (which BP was able to do) was never going to happen. 

$650 million would be incredible for the movie. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Gitesh seems certain it’s going to $120m.

Am I crazy thinking more a 3.5x multiplier and $110m? 

I definitely had a feeling they were over projecting this to $120m yesterday. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Gotham Bank said:

Forget about IW, I want to know AQP #s after that great friday.

I too want to see the best film of the year numbers. I meant to celebrate it getting a rare for a horror film 3.0 multiplier. Man have the legs been great.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Cartoon show for children, should be up your street.

Oh ok. I always thought it was some average movie that made all of it’s money on a gimmick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

This all feels a little more normal. Was only one way it could go after opening so huge. 

Unlike Black Panther, IW requires you to have seen multiple other MCU movies. So in that sense, its audience (albeit colossally massive) does have a limit. Expanding beyond that base (which BP was able to do) was never going to happen. 

$650 million would be incredible for the movie. 

Black Panther was/is a cultural phenomenon. Unless it had some gimmicky technology (3D) or a death from a cast member, it was never going to have BP legs. 

3 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Avatar is still the only Cameron movie I don’t care for. Sorry @IronJimbo

If that overrated garbage came out today, 700-800M max WW. Of course now that it’ll be under the Disney umbrella and with the success of Avatar Land, it should be able to barely crack a Billion.