Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

Is IW gonna more than double Solo domestically (and worldwide)? IW: 625-675m DOM, 1.850-2.150b WW. Solo: 250-350m DOM, 750-850m WW. I love Star Wars and Marvel but literally everyone I talked to is not interested on watching Solo, even Star Wars fans. 

8 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Everyone that predicted 2 billion WW and 700M+ DOM right now:

giphy.gif

I know that you’re mostly a troll, but 2B WW is still on. So is passing TFA, really. Despite my three comically exaggerated overreaction posts on the last page, this Sat num could reasonable turn into like a 58% drop, which is totally solid for a movie with 40M of previews in its OW figure and no holidays on the second weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AN9815 said:

Is IW gonna more than double Solo domestically (and worldwide)? IW: 625-675m DOM, 1.850-2.150b WW. Solo: 250-350m DOM, 750-850m WW. I love Star Wars and Marvel but literally everyone I talked to is not interested on watching Solo, even Star Wars fans. 

None of my friends are remotely excited for Solo but it'll do very well in North America. If I had to guess Infinity War will be 1.8x Solo's Domestic Gross while 2.7x Solo's Worldwide gross. 

1 minute ago, Tree said:

What's the record for quickest to 1B?

Not sure if IW beat it on Friday or Saturday or whatever but it must be breaking that record right?

12 Days - TFA

IW did it in 11 on Saturday.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

12 Days - TFA

IW did it in 11 on Saturday.

Thanks. SW had first release on a Wednesday I think, whereas Infinity War was Tuesday... I think. Which means IW done even better than it sounds. 

• Like 1

And I thought that it had a chance at a weekend of nearly130M:lol:

but on the other hand a $111M weekend isn't that bad.

If we compared Avengers to TFA and give it (being generous on the Sunday drop) 

$450M after Sunday it would be $90M behind, if it is able to do $37.5M over the Weekdays (thought that might be a bit to much) it would be at $487.5M and $164.5M (behind which shows just how big TFA was and how much Christmas holidays help). If we give IW a 50% drop to $55M for third weekend it would be at $542.5M after the third weekend and IW would be $200M! behind.

Looks like Saturday didn't mirror the other MCU films as much as I thought. Interesting fact btw: After this weekend, Disney is gonna own the top three opening weekends and the top three second weekends ever. And 2019 is only gonna get bigger.

Thiago Saturday number makes me sad. :( I know it's still better than what was being predicted before the movie opening, but the weekdays gave me hope it was going to be closer to Avengers legs than Ultron. Anyways, no way we can call a 110M second weekend bad.

At least here in Brazil it's going to become the highest grossing movie of all time as it deserves...

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

Thiago Saturday number makes me sad. :( I know it's still better than what was being predicted before the movie opening, but the weekdays gave me hope it was going to be closer to Avengers legs than Ultron. Anyways, no way we can call a 110M second weekend bad.

At least here in Brazil it's going to become the highest grossing movie of all time as it deserves...

In USD terms or local currency?