kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

1 hour ago, Hemo memo said:

Didn’t you heard? Disney is pulling the movie out from theaters for no reason.

To be fair, AMC themselves tweeted that they would have the re-release version until July 11th. 

Ofcourse, that's before it started pulling good PTA numbers. Clearly that plan was abandoned in favor of keeping the money rolling in. At this rate, wouldn't be surprised with a 855 million domestic finish. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Infnity War grossed $2.5mn after August till the end of 2018, with random releases in some countries. That would be enough for Endgame to put out the difference of couple of million if any.

Any news from international weekdays? I see that your projection has with $2m off basically because OS market, but I kind of think we will end up less than $10m behind after this weekend worldwide actuals.

1 hour ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

Any news from international weekdays? I see that your projection has with $2m off basically because OS market, but I kind of think we will end up less than $10m behind after this weekend worldwide actuals.

The raw data is too small now and easily skewed so we have to wait for Disney anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Infnity War grossed $2.5mn after August till the end of 2018, with random releases in some countries. That would be enough for Endgame to put out the difference of couple of million if any.

Imagine the official "we crossed it" from Disney comes around Christmas :D

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

My little countdown has been updated:

Not trying to troll but even if it does get the record, you have to admit this will definitely be the most inorganic record holder ever. It would actually be embarrassing if not when you have to give away shirts and action figures after double features and social media hashtags. Other record holders just... kinda got the record without all the need for this. 

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 5

14 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Not trying to troll but even if it does get the record, you have to admit this will definitely be the most inorganic record holder ever. It would actually be embarrassing if not when you have to give away shirts and action figures after double features and social media hashtags. Other record holders just... kinda got the record without all the need for this. 

Feige reading this comment

giphy.gif

• Haha 9
  • Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Didn't Endgame already pass Avatrar's original record, without the re-release?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Woah woah woah, are you trolling or being serious? 

Do you have any idea how many re releases Avatar had? They also had their special edition and sporadic re releases across many countries. 

But, I have a better idea. Would you agree we shouldn't count these special edition, poster giveaway, re-release cash grabs? Perfect, let's not count those, they are very embarrassing as you say.

Well in that case Endgame beat Avatar handily. No giveaways, no t shirts, no second marketing pushes. Avatar's initial run totaled at 2.749bn, it was only with a slew of special edition re releases that Avatar got to its current heights. Before the re release Endgame had passed 2.75bn and was still earning money domestically and internationally. 

I'm happy we agree on that, now we don't need to be kept in suspense any longer, Endgame already has the record

Edited by Justin4125
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Justin4125 said:

Woah woah woah, are you trolling or being serious? 

Do you have any idea how many re releases Avatar had? They also had their special edition and sporadic re releases across many countries. 

But, I have a better idea. Would you agree we shouldn't count these special edition, poster giveaway, re-release cash grabs? Perfect, let's not count those, they are very embarrassing as you say.

Well in that case Endgame beat Avatar handily. No giveaways, no t shirts, no second marketing pushes. Avatar's initial run totaled at 2.749bn, it was only with a slew of special edition re releases that Avatar got to its current heights. Before the re release Endgame had passed 2.75bn and was still earning money domestically and internationally. 

I'm happy we agree on that, now we don't need to be kept in suspense any longer, Endgame already has the record

You should also mention the 10 years'

ticket price increase. Shouldn't you ?

9 minutes ago, TRISTAN said:

You should also mention the 10 years'

ticket price increase. Shouldn't you ?

I dont know about everywhere but in my country, the average ticket price for Avatar 9-10 years ago is still higher than the average ticket price today. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PKMLover said:

I dont know about everywhere but in my country, the average ticket price for Avatar 9-10 years ago is still higher than the average ticket price today. 

This seems to be true in a lot of places. Even China, for instance, Avatar has the highest average ticket price of any movie. Higher even than Endgame. 

• Like 4

Marvel fans like to say EG already pass Avatar initial run without knowing that Avatar made that re-release number in 2010, way before EG or even the 1st avengers movie. 

It is not like avatar re-release again after EG passed 2.749b just to reclaim back the crown. Avatar already achieved that 2.788b before EG storm. Plus, it is not like Avatar re-release scale are much bigger than EG.  In that case, EG never actually pass Avatar in any sense. 

Nobody cares about, neither BOM nor Wiki, will recognize EG achievement in passing Avatar initial run.   

Come to your sense. 

There is only one record here, 2.788b, that number is going down in mid-August