ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

17 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Even in decline the Oscars still pull in a good audience. 

That amount of views it'll get from the Oscars won't even be 1/4th of what the views it will get online. It's not worth the cost, and as I said, it wouldn't happen normally either. The Oscars don't have a history of containing trailers (they aren't a comic con panel), so I highly doubt any trailer, not just one for a superhero film, will show up. No clue why you're even thinking of the Oscars. With this same line of thinking the Dune trailer could show up at the Oscars too (but it won't).

Edited by lorddemaxus

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

The Oscars don't have a history of containing trailers (they aren't a comic con panel),

There was an old rules that barred studio from buying ads during the ceremony to remove some possible views of them being influenced by the money.

But it changed in the late 2000s, studio can buy 1 ads (and just one by ads segment) for non nominated movie and it depend maybe on the market (and-or my memory being faulty) but I remember seeing a lot of them over the years.

And it need to be a new never aired trailer, if rules didn't change since.

6 hours ago, Valonqar said:

It's a terribly written synopsis. Gives a general idea about what's going on but holy shit that guy can't recap a movie to save his life. 

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

There's also stuff that isn't consistent with what we know is in the movie already.

Keep in mind, this is from a supposedly from a pre-VFX, no score, etc etc. test screening from over a year ago. 

9 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Keep in mind, this is from a supposedly from a pre-VFX, no score, etc etc. test screening from over a year ago. 

Agreed. Either way, it's a badly written synopsis that only focuses on main plot beats and twists and doesn't say anything about character dynamic even though character dynamic is Marvel's strongest suit. That's how they elevate generic plots. But this guy was too focused on reveals so it's hilarious to see redditors in panic when it's obvious that he stripped the movie to bare bones. Which is what most leaks tend to focus on anyway. Leaks =/= reviews. They are "I've seen it, this happens, this is a twist, the end". 

Obi Wan Kenobi would be my guess cause they are filming soon and he plays another comic relief. I guess, like in Eternals, his buff physique will be used for laughs as well as action. Just my guess. Unless it's for ....press the panic button ....Eternals reshoots. :lol:

14 hours ago, TMP said:

Why's he still on juice, they wrapped ages ago

He's gonna have to keep juicing up for the marketing campaign. What's the point of getting jacked when you can't talk about it during press interviews or show it off in photoshoots for the movie you got jacked for?

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I mean Chris Pratt stayed jacked after Guardians. 

Now that we have a trailer for Shang-Chi, I'm curious about my guess for one this weekend with the Oscars. It'd be a little early even by pre-covid standards but I think it's possible. I could definitely see promo stuff in the next few weeks in say EW or the like.

18 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean Chris Pratt stayed jacked after Guardians. 

Now that we have a trailer for Shang-Chi, I'm curious about my guess for one this weekend with the Oscars. It'd be a little early even by pre-covid standards but I think it's possible. I could definitely see promo stuff in the next few weeks in say EW or the like.

No way they start Eternals promo stuff this close after Shang Chi. Going to be at least 6 weeks.

• Like 1