CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

I finally figured it out. The deadpool meltdowns are reminding me of Ultron. Better OD on the back of better previews but not necessarily huge. 

Note I am not downplaying Deadpool, just showing what past nights mess reminds me of. The OD is right inline with my prerelease expectations. 

• Like 2

DP1 added 84.9 on Sat+Sun. Considering DP2's true Friday is the same (34.7 vs 34.6) and there's no VD Sunday boost, 75 more for 128.3 ow seems like the most I guess.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Deadpool 2 is going under the first one opening weekend Not a big deal but no one was really expecting that 

Ich predicted that in the derby, do I have bragging rights now?

I dont get whats so funny about Book Clubs age demographic. You know what demo they are aiming for. Its not aimed at teens.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

53.3M

45.3M (-15%)

36.2M (-20%)

134.8M Weekend

I'm not convinced the preview to OD multi will impact the Saturday drop too much. As others have said, many schools were graduating yesterday

I like your projection. 

• Thanks 1

Uh oh. 

Whatever way you try to spin it, opening under the original is not ok.

A shame cause Deadpool 2 was 16 x more entertaining than Infinity War.

58-60% drop for IW isn’t good either, no spinning. 

• ...wtf 5

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The film is doing fine, no need to start making up numerous excuses for it's numbers. 

Just in case you  mean my posts, my thoughts about a possible impact is not for one movie, its about the daily of all of them (as in maybe an impact for e.g. afternoon viewing times)

The opposite is also possible, maybe first they watch (e.g. as small groups meet for a coffee and a cake) at the home of someone and go later together to the movies....

Fox projecting a 133.5m seems like the high end. 125m seems more likely. They are just trying to get some free headlines of highest R rated debut before better projections come in.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Thanks 1