Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

7 minutes ago, Chaz said:

All these neck beards on the internet trying to talk shit about one of the most accomplished women in Hollywood

Y’all funny.;

All these Pseudo-Feminists V3.0 on the internet trying to make you believe strong women in Hollywood are still these little, precious, fragile things that can't be criticized by the evil male chromosome.

Y’all funny.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People are criticizing Kennedy?

DISNEY ALREADY WROTE THIS OFF

Everyone could see the bomb coming. Team LF is already three steps ahead. Episode IX is now of HUGE importance- not just the film, the trailers. We need a bombshell trailer for Ep IX. 

And Solo May yet have staying power.

• Haha 1

Kathleen Kennedy has three billion dollar films to fall back on but if  she delivers some more Solo’s or Episode 9 does even worse than anyone expects then yeah I can see her getting the sack 

Edited by John Marston

Just now, Jay Beezy said:

It's not so much about people wanting it on announcement. A lot of movies people don't want until they have a reason to. Rogue One provided that while Solo did not.

Perfectly put. You just look at the poor excuse of a "marketing campaign" that Solo had and you realize that.  

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

When you basically reshoot an entire film..whih is what happened here with every scene with Han Solo haveing to be reshot,the budget is going to go through the roof.

I think Kennedy will keep her job, but i suspect she will get chewed out over the cost overruns on the film, and will have to explian why she waited until the principal photography was 90% complete before firing Lord and Miller if she did not like what she was seeing. For that, as Ricky Ricardo would say in "I Love Lucy" she has some 'splaining to do.

Better question: why hire them and then be shocked they were taking SOLO in a comedic direction? Did Lucasfilm not see their previous movies? That's like drafting Michael Jordan and being shocked that he likes to dunk a lot. 

1 minute ago, DarthPynchon said:

People are criticizing Kennedy?

DISNEY ALREADY WROTE THIS OFF

Everyone could see the bomb coming. Team LF is already three steps ahead. Episode IX is now of HUGE importance- not just the film, the trailers. We need a bombshell trailer for Ep IX. 

And Solo May yet have staying power.

Realistically, this.

It's also why it's a very experienced director on Boba Fett. That wasn't a random choice.

23 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Fandango sales today:

Solo A S 70066
Deadpool 37007
Avengers 11934
Book Clu 7130
Life of  2574
Breaking 1702
Show Dog 1345
A Quiet  1243
Overboar 1165

Solo will have a good advantage of more 3D/PLF share I imagine and higher ticket average, but......... not doubling deadpool sale on there and Deadpool sale much more the night than during the day.

On the last 2 hours they are getting close.

Where do you get these numbers from?

42 minutes ago, Litio said:

If Solo had been released in December, it would have been massacred by Aquaman and co.
Rival studios aren't afraid of this franchise anymore. Look what Jumanji did competing against Jedi... GA prefers to watch more appealing films instead of "for fans" movies like Solo.

Yeah because Jason momoa is the rock and aquaman will be the new jumanji . I mean how could solo go up against such high caliber competition , better have it between infinity war, deadpool2 and Jurassic world 2. 

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Haha 1

Just now, RRA said:

Better question: why hire them and then be shocked they were taking SOLO in a comedic direction? Did Lucasfilm not see their previous movies? That's like drafting Michael Jordan and being shocked that he likes to dunk a lot. 

One possible theory for some of the change is that Force Awaken giant success could have changed what they wanted and made the stake higher, something I could easily see to be true about Rogue One massive change, much less here.

One other theory around is them not sticking to script, I imagine Jonah Hill had no issue with improve going on with is script, specially if it was by him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RRA said:

From what I have read,the main issue was the way Han Solo was being portrayed, with the actor going to Kennedy and saying "This Isn't working".

I am not going to make a judgement as to whether firing Lord and Miller was the right move or not;I am saying to delay it unitl the film had almost completed filming is really a WTF.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I'm trying to remember when it was when you decided to become the site's resident smart-ass.

I’m not even sure why you took that as me trying to insult you lmao, you’re not exactly inactive.  I just think it’s ridiculous to say your time is “limited” when you still use the site and post a lot

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, YLF said:

I am scheduled to see solo this Tuesday, but got invited to see an advanced screening of widows for the same time. What should I see?

WIDOWS. How is that even a question? :ohmygod: 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Well I mean, I have no idea why it's such a polarising film either.

Because its simple... Its about making an adult grounded SW film but it instead riddled with full of plot holes and boring scenes, that did not live up to expectations. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

WIDOWS. How is that even a question? :ohmygod: 

Release date is quite far, what if it is an unfinished version ? You are burning you first watch of a movie for some weird Internet bragging right....