Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

I don't know if this has been brought up yet.  Tomorrowland increased over 22% from its real Friday to Saturday.  Monday was up a bit over actual Friday too.  This was in 2015 and is most likely the record for best increase for opening picture over MLK weekend.  X-Men: Apocalypse and Pirates 5 were up around 12.5% over Friday.  This evidence suggests a 27.5 million range for Solo might be out of reach.  Maybe 22.5 Fri + 26.5 Sat + 25 Sun + 22.5 Mon + 14.1 previews = 110.6

• Like 1

at this point i feel like if they hadn't fired lord and miller, hadn't reshot the movie, and just pretended everything was fine and released the weird improv comedy version after a standard full-length marketing campaign beforehand, it would have made more money, or at least more of a profit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, water said:

at this point i feel like if they hadn't fired lord and miller, hadn't reshot the movie, and just pretended everything was fine and released the weird improv comedy version after a standard full-length marketing campaign beforehand, it would have made more money, or at least more of a profit

Definitely more of a profit purely cause of the costs. Not sure it would have made more money on OW though, the hype was never there even with them as directors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think a lot of the geeks here just don't get, if it's a good movie, just how big Mary Poppins Return can be.

its why WB moved Fish Dude up slightly to avoid dealing with Magical British Nanny directly.

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Kathleen Kennedy's resume includes Indiana Jones, E.T., Poltergeist, Gremlins, Back to the Future, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Schindler's List, Jurassic Park, and The Sixth Sense, but sure she'll step down because one film flopped.

Yes. Her career is done. So is Rian's. They don't deserve any more chances. 

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I will always believe that Lord and Miller got a raw deal due to Kennedy's indecisiveness when it comes to the new Star Wars movies. I see it as karma that the film is bombing.

Why do you want a film to bomb so bad when you haven't even seen it?

• Thanks 1

@Thrylos 7 I'm not bothered by discussion of Solo's underperformance between the constant back and forth of whether The Last Jedi killed the brand, Kathleen Kennedy losing her job (because they are totally gonna sack someone who has delivered three billion dollar hits in as many years) etc. is pretty tiring. That's just pure fanboy (is fanboy even the right word here?) wishes lol.

5 minutes ago, water said:

Honestly, while it's possible the Lord/Miller version probably wasn't very good, it likely would've made for a more interesting film than what ended up as the final product.

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Please stop asking me that silly, "why do you want this movie to bomb?" question. I will never respond to that whiny question so it's just a waste of space to ask it.

It's also a waste of space for you to post it every 5 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Please stop asking me that silly, "why do you want this movie to bomb?" question. I will never respond to that whiny question so it's just a waste of space to ask it.

You just missed the perfect opportunity to use a Lucille Bluth gif. ;)

16 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

The Solo RT audience score have been recovering from 53% to 58%. TLJ score is currently 46%.

I think the audience score would have to be >85% over the last ~3000 votes.

• Thanks 1