Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Why is it okay for these boards to root against certain films but not films made by Disney? I wish people were against rooting against any film to fail just so that they wouldn't be so darn hypocritical right now.

Same guys getting all touchy now were joining in on the hate train against justice league?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Why is it okay for these boards to root against certain films but not films made by Disney? I wish people were against rooting against any film to fail just so that they wouldn't be so darn hypocritical right now.

I honestly don’t root for any film to fail. Even if it’s something that I don’t enjoy or truly hate. I may joke about a film’s underperformance but that doesn’t mean I wanted it to fail.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Honestly I am against passionately rooting for any film to fail but it is hypocritical for this forum to be preaching such stuff after the excessive mockery that JL received. At this point it's double standards.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

I don't why people are freaking out, 24-26M is an expected number

Some hope it would play more weekend days.... but if I am not wrong that (specially 24) would make it possible to significantly miss that 114m 4 days target the trade had after the OD no ?

Days of future past made 29.2 was around 65 after it;s Saturday and made 110.5m for the 4 days.

Solo would be between what 59 and 61m with a smaller saturday, could do below 105m

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Some hope it would play more weekend days.... but if I am not wrong that (specially 24) would make it possible to significantly miss that 114m 4 days target the trade had after the OD no ?

Days of future past made 29.2 was around 65 after it;s Saturday and made 110.5m for the 4 days.

Solo would be between what 59 and 61m with a smaller saturday, could do below 105m

The trade 114 4-day has been insanely optimistic since we got the 35.6 final OD estimate.        

If someone was actually hoping to hit that I could see how these Sat numbers would be bad, but... shouldn’t really have been viewing 114 as being in play, in my opinion.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Honestly I am against passionately rooting for any film to fail but it is hypocritical for this forum to be preaching such stuff after the excessive mockery that JL received. At this point it's double standards.

Agreed 100%.

I'm not a DCEU fan but let's not pretend that folks here didn't dance in the failure of JL and the disappointment of BvS. It was even worse with the Sony Spider-man movie verse.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong to be rooting for a movie's success or failure but we can't act like some franchises (like Star Wars) are above the banter.  What's good for the goose....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, TMP said:

On the bright side, legs might not be atrocious since general WOM among the GA seems very positive? I might be getting mixed signals though.

Funny enough, most people that I know that went in with lowered expectations quite enjoyed the movie.

I don't know how or if it will affect the box office but the word of mouth around the movie doesn't appear to be toxic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

Agreed 100%.

I'm not a DCEU fan but let's not pretend that folks here didn't dance in the failure of JL and the disappointment of BvS. It was even worse with the Sony Spider-man movie verse.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong to be rooting for a movie's success or failure but we can't act like some franchises (like Star Wars) are above the banter.  What's good for the goose....

Some people are even trying to call Aquaman a flop without seeing a second of footage or the marketing campaign or reviews. And I'm supposed to feel sorry for a Han Solo movie getting a ribbing for flopping at the box office? Give me a break. I happen to think that  both BvS and JL deserved the ribbing for their bad legs and opening respectively. 

• Like 2