AJG

City of Lies | 15 OCT 2020 | Johnny Depp tries to find out who killed Biggie Smalls | | Thriller from “Good Films” Studio | #1 in Australia

22 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Yes. Movies usually just don’t get pulled from release for no reason. And this one doesn’t sound like it has a low budget. 

It's a movie starring Johnny Depp about the murder of Biggie released by a small studio that was getting dumped in early September.

In short, it's bad and the studio is probably ashamed of it.

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

In short, it's bad and the studio is probably ashamed of it.

Well there's that and there's the other factor of Depp having a current lawsuit filed against him by a crew member on the set of this movie. Wasn't too much going for this to begin with, although I'll admit I was slightly curious to see Depps performance in this since it seemed more serious than his usual roles.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, clockwork said:

Well there's that and there's the other factor of Depp having a current lawsuit filed against him by a crew member on the set of this movie

I imagine even if that has not necessarily any direct effect (distributor not being involved here in any way with the incident).

I could imagine that scenario happened.

Distribution contract like most of them had the standard: Producer must reasonably pressure talent (naming Depp specially) to make a reasonable amount of promotion for the movie.

Depp said to them he would do none not wanting to be exposed to questions about the incident needing to keep those franchise money coming in, voiding the distribution contract, making Global road happy to have a legal valid excuse to walk away, the movie being bad.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

I wonder what will happen to this. Global Road bankruptcy is the obvious reason the release got canceled. Depp has another movie by Global Road in production...Richard says goodbye.  They are taking it to TIFF  apparently. Wonder who will snatch that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alli said:

This got released in Italy apparently. It didn't do bad at all

1.4M til now.

I think there's potential in the US. True crime is all the rage now

Johnny Depp is box office poison