Water Bottle

*SPOILER* SOLO A StAR WaRS StorY *SPOILER THREAD* *SPOILERS IN HERE*

32 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

They don't cross over the shows and movies because only the hardcore fanboys care about that shit. The GA is probably going to be confused af when Maul appears.

ehh audiences saw a certain someone appear in IW after like 15 marvel movies and got it. 

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

ehh audiences saw a certain someone appear in IW after like 15 marvel movies and got it. 

Ah yes, Maulogram will have to settle for second place in the battle of best random cameos of extreme sunburn victims. MCU wins again.:redcapes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

my official headcanon is that lord and miller thought the darth maul bit was stupid too and ray park chased them outta there.

btw according to that variety article about 30% of the movie is stuff that was shot while they were still the directors and you couldn't tell it's not messy like that it's got a pretty unified tone throughout.

• Like 2

Oh my god who the fuck cares if Darth Maul had a different story in a cartoon that 15 people watched they can do whatever they want with dude. Have him fuck Obi Wan Kenobi for all I care - that Rebels show should have zero bearing at all, period. I'm not in on the "Lucasfilm has no clue!!!" bullcrap obviously (TLJ rocks baby), but if they start changing shit in the real movies because it doesn't keep canon with some spinoff cartoon then they really have lost it. 

• Like 5
  • ...wtf 1

btw i'm a huge star wars nerd just in that i know all the names of a bunch of tiny characters (only in the movies not characters from cartoons and books and shit), like i have the names of all of the podracers memorized. and all this to say that woody harrelson's character is probably the first star wars character i'll only remember as the actor's name. the character is woody harrelson.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Oh my god who the fuck cares if Darth Maul had a different story in a cartoon that 15 people watched they can do whatever they want with dude. Have him fuck Obi Wan Kenobi for all I care - that Rebels show should have zero bearing at all, period. I'm not in on the "Lucasfilm has no clue!!!" bullcrap obviously (TLJ rocks baby), but if they start changing shit in the real movies because it doesn't keep canon with some spinoff cartoon then they really have lost it. 

Is this where I admit I am one of the 15

• Like 5

I love how people are assuming the audiences is gonna be like "Wow, who is this character I have no idea what is going on and also how is he back I don't understand ahhhh". It's Darth Maul, it's a Star Wars movie, he's back. That is the audience's reaction to that reveal. Come on folks

and the "han shoots first" scene in this is good. we all knew it was gonna be there but it wasn't cringe it fits in the story (as the culmination of his "becoming more jaded" arc) and nobody has some meta quip about it.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

and the "han shoots first" scene in this is good. we all knew it was gonna be there but it wasn't cringe it fits in the story (as the culmination of his "becoming more jaded" arc) and nobody has some meta quip about it.

deadass I thought for sure he would turn to chewy and say "I always shoot first" or something. Great!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

btw i'm a huge star wars nerd just in that i know all the names of a bunch of tiny characters (only in the movies not characters from cartoons and books and shit), like i have the names of all of the podracers memorized. and all this to say that woody harrelson's character is probably the first star wars character i'll only remember as the actor's name. the character is woody harrelson.

If Lucasfilm did a Ratts Tyerell/Ben Quadinaros buddy film, I'd be there opening night.  

• Like 2

also also i liked that nothing about the movie's formal elements felt slavishly star wars-ian. it's doing something a little different there which is probably one of the reasons why i think it's easy to watch this movie and not think about other star wars movies and the larger universe (except for the darth maul scene UGH)

• Like 1

That Darth Maul cameo is the only real spoiler in the film and it's so bad. It means absolutely nothing unless you've seen The Phantom Menace, so - like a lot of the movie - it relies on other movies in order to get by while doing less than bare minimum on its own.