CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

The thing no one's talking about is how Mama Mia Here We Go Again is just a part one, multi's gonna be terrible once auds see the cliffhanger

I believe we learned quite recently that surprise cliffhanger endings lead to good multis if done well :) 

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Besides JW2, will we get another 100 OW movie for the rest of the summer ?

Seems not unless Ant Man & the Wasp or MI6 somehow overperforms.

I hope both overperform. They both look great

I always thought Captain Marvel would be what pushed Tree over the edge, but if you remember all the Dinos are lesbians, JWFK kind of was the obvious choice. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I always thought Captain Marvel would be what pushed Tree over the edge, but if you remember all the Dinos are lesbians, JWFK kind of was the obvious choice. 😂

According to Jurassic Wiki, which isn't exactly an authority, Jurassic dinos are whatever gender they want to be. They can fertilize their own eggs with their own sperm.

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Gender_control

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i plan to die in a blaze of glory when the meg opens.

I, too, am irrationally excited for The Meg. Saw the trailer for it before JW (for the umpteenth time) but it was new to my kids. They both loved it.

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

July predictions:

Ant-Man: 85/255

The First Purge: 20/50 (27M 5 day)

Hotel Transylvania: 40/140

Skyscraper: 30/80

Sorry to Bother You: 8/25

Mamma Mia!: 50/160

The Equalizer: 25/65

Unfriended: 7/15

Mission: Impossible: 60/200

Teen Titans Go!: 12/30

Blindspotting: 5/10

Trash month tbh.

I think MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT has the potential to make 250 M because of this drought.

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yawn. 130-135 is literally the most boring outcome imaginable for FK. What the hell are we supposed to talk about this weekend now? Gotti? 

Never know. Numbers could go up and JWFK could come in close to $150M this weekend. Gonna be interesting to see what kind of number I2 has today and what kind of bump it gets tomorrow. Will it be big enough come in with something at/above $85M?