CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Now that the goal past has been moved down to 400 m DOM here comes the shit talking Brontosaurus and Stegosaurus nerds.

Well this might be your last chance so get those licks in now, I guess.

Damn what a condescending as hell post that guarantees you a spot on my ignore list this weekend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Not really said:

I'd say a drop equivalent to TLW would be the standard of success. It's still likely to miss that, but not by a humongous margin compared to 2 days ago.

25% is the standard drop from 600+m predecessor.

6 minutes ago, Istealnames said:

This disgusting movie should fall from its true Friday. 

Hate more, please. Let it flow through you. With every hate post, Fallen Kingdoms numbers will rise :stirthepot:

• Like 2

Btw, I wanted to offer this here in the weekend thread

@baumer if you watch Incredibles 1 and post your thoughts on the board, I’ll donate $20 to the site. I’m legit curious what you’d think of it since you said last week you’ve never seen it, and it’s got a totally different style than any other Pixar movie

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Huge irony coming from a marvel fanboy who probably was on the sub-100M Fallen Kingdom train and 3.5x+ multi for I2 after its opening weekend numbers

How fucking immature you are.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Damn what a condescending as hell post that guarantees you a spot on my ignore list this weekend.

Lmao.

So what?

I post for people who like my post.

And how was it condescending?

I've been called a Marvel fanboy a half a dozen times and embraced it. 

But we're the overly sensitive and butthurt ones?

14 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Ok, i might as well give my prediction, so i can play prophet later on or you can all laugh at me:

Previews: 16,5M

Friday: 60,5M (44M true Friday)

Sat; 52,5M (+19% true Fr)

Sun: 43,2M (-17%)

OW: 156,2M

Yes, im sticking to my optimistic scenario, no matter what all the doomsayers bring up! Before we have actual numbers, i wont give up my hope :lol:

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

:ph34r:

59 (15.3+43.7)

51 (+16.7%)

40 (-21.6%)

= 150

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Now that the goal past has been moved down to 400 m DOM here comes the shit talking Brontosaurus and Stegosaurus nerds.

Well this might be your last chance so get those licks in now, I guess.

What do you mean "moved down"? I thought I saw you say a few pages ago that it would be impossible for Jurassic World to reach 350M. So hasn't the goal post moved up?

Perhaps I am just confusing you with another user! Apologies if so!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Quake said:

Its is just pure entertainment. What do people ask more for than that when going to the movies. This one delivers in spades on that front. 

No, it's not. It's miles worse than any good blockbuster and even JW. I don't think it's something extraordinary to ask for a screenplay not written by incompetent idiots. Some people are so used to eating shit that they can't see the difference between good entertaiment and big budget Uwe Boll movie.

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Much better than expected, still a historic drop, gonna be much more frontloaded, 120-140 seems right, etc etc

140 is the low end. It will gross 400M DOM.

Accept it. Give in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1