CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

19 minutes ago, Hades said:

All the doom and gloom Marvel/Disney fanboys.....:hahaha:

On 5/7/2017 at 10:54 PM, Hades said:

Like I said, people never learn. Avengers are no match for Jurassic World overseas. I see only one clear winner. Jurassic world 2 could do what FF8 is doing right now over seas. While Avengers will do the usual 800 mill plus overseas. Both films domestic will be about the same. 

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So what's the bar for JW2's success?

Cause months ago my under 400 m club was widely mocked as being too pessimistic. 

I'd say a drop equivalent to TLW would be the standard of success. It's still likely to miss that, but not by a humongous margin compared to 2 days ago.

1500 yuan / ~$231 pretty much locked for JW2 in China. Showed a good 2nd Friday.

Even using sub-350 dom 1100+ ww looks likely

235 China (could do 5-10 more)

525 OS-China (room to grow here too)

340 Dom

= 1100

• Like 1

Told you guys it is gonna be a walkup movie and will play like a family movie. This is an epic Wild in the park family adventure. Going again on sunday. I think its just as good as JW1. Its is just pure entertainment. What do people ask more for than that when going to the movies. This one delivers in spades on that front. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Weren’t you on JWFK big numbers train a week ago?

Lol never. I always said it was going to underperform. 

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Do you ever not troll? 

I don’t troll. I am just realistic. Saying that a movie is going to underperform does not qualify as trolling. Welcome to the real world. 

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This user was originally a parody of Grace Randolph and has now become a parody of themselves. 

Hilare. 

Never parodied Grace or anyone else for that matter. 

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Almost as fun as premature ejaculation.

Huge irony coming from a marvel fanboy who probably was on the sub-100M Fallen Kingdom train and 3.5x+ multi for I2 after its opening weekend numbers

Edited by That One Guy
not saying you were but I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED
  • Thanks 1

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week:

Sicario: 1:56. Attachments unkown (Equalizer and Searching?).

Uncle Drew: 1:34. Attachments are The Spy Who Dumped Me (NEW TRAILER) and Robin Hood.

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Any comps for 15 m previews.

Spider-Man: Homecoming / 15,4M Previews, 50M OD, 117M OW - not a good comp, since that is a CBM and was super-frontloaded on OW

Iron Man 3 / 15,6M Previews, 68M OD, 174M OW - another CBM that is a better comp than SMH i think, but still iffy

Furious 7 / 15,8M Previews, 67M OD, 147M OW  - best comp i think, though it opened on Easter, so Friday was inflated

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Don't forget, I am only here because you asked me to :Venom::hahaha:

In the end, nobody gives a shit about Incredibles to create a weekend thread for it lmao. Someone gave enough fucks to create threads for JW2, DP2 and Han Solo.

I mean when it comes down to it, the box office receipts matter a lot more than an early weekend thread, and a fourteen year wait was well worth that payoff

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom $142.1M

The Incredibles 2 $80-85M/$349.3-354.3M

Ocean's 8 $10.6/$99.3M

Tag $6.5M/$28.7M

Solo: A Star Wars Story $6M/$204.1M

Deadpool 2 $5.7M/$304.7M

Hereditary $4.1M/$35.3M

Avengers: Infinity War $4.09M/$671.1M

Superfly $3.6/$15.5M

Adrift $1M/$29.4M

Top 10 Gross: $263.69-268.69M (6/7th biggest weekend of all time) either beating Jurassic World's opening weekend ($267.8M) or last weekend ($261.9M)