CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I think the run for the previous movie just goes to show how beloved the original Jurassic Park from '93 is. The movie itself wasn't that well-received. And it's not like this one looked like anything special either. An audience retention of close to 2/3rd is fine, all things considered.

I don’t think it’s a disaster by any means.  But there’s people here gloating about it as if it’s about to break records.

Just found it kind of odd.

So now “JW wasn’t all that loved , the huge drop was expected blahblablah” . Damn this forum sure was singing a different tune a year ago when the first predations for how 2018 movies will perform were being made....

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I think the run for the previous movie just goes to show how beloved the original Jurassic Park from '93 is. The movie itself wasn't that well-received. And it's not like this one looked like anything special either. An audience retention of close to 2/3rd is fine, all things considered.

I think the fact there hadn't been a Jurassic movie in 14 years helped considerably. I do wonder how JW3 will fare because another drop is inevitable. 

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

I hope this is the last time i have to say this: Jurassic Park movies are not presales-driven or need a lot of online hype. They are GA monsters. If audiences want them, they will come. And if they like them, they explode. This franchise just isnt comparable to Superhero Movies, SW or whatever.

Also @CJohn where is the implosion? I cant find it either. It must be in the hidden corner of shame where the under 100M OW of @MovieMan89 rests.

Oh my god, im so salty right now.

:hahaha:

Glad I helped lower your expectations so much that $125-130 for FK is now a cause for celebration. And just think, if not you’d probably be melting down right now at this 40% fallen kingdom. 

7c47a141-6c17-4c3c-8aed-94887927ca7f

Edited by MovieMan89

Just now, The Incredible Panda said:

I don’t think it’s a disaster by any means.  But there’s people here gloating about it as if it’s about to break records.

Just found it kind of odd.

Imagine people saying for months that Incredibles 2 would open sub 120M. And then it breaks all those records.

For us JP/JW fans, this is the same situation, no matter if the film hits 130M or 170M.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Interesting that Universal were able to keep the budget increase at a sensible level. The Fast and Furious films cost more with $200m budgets for F8

Yeah. In any case, this is another big hit for Universal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

:hahaha:

Glad I helped lower your expectations so much that $125-130 for FK is now a cause for celebration. And just think, if not you’d probably be melting down right now at this 40% fallen kingdom. 

5087866f-7c6c-4333-b14d-8899cfcfdea1

I have only this for you right now:

eating-crow.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It had a 3.0+multi after a 208mil opening.  I say it was pretty damn well received. The sequel had no hook and botched the first trailer and marketing thereafter.  

Anyway I'm going to wait for the actual Friday numbers to comment.  Too much too early doom and gloom in this thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think the fact there hadn't been a Jurassic movie in 14 years helped considerably. I do wonder how JW3 will fare because another drop is inevitable. 

Wouldn't surprise me if they get Neill, Dern, and Goldblum (and not just for a one scene cameo) back for the next film for one last hurrah.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Bickering means people care on both sides.

How many times can we agree on moderately moderate numbers that no one is emotionally invested in?

Bickering means people are bitches to each other because of fucking movies.

Is it possible that we can agree that a movie is performing in X and X ways and just keep our calm? Right now, there's not much of a surprise about where JW2 is going anyway. At least boring threads don't fall into mind-numbing repetition of the same arguments over and over again.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Imagine people saying for months that Incredibles 2 would open sub 120M. And then it breaks all those records.

For us JP/JW fans, this is the same situation, no matter if the film hits 130M or 170M.

No its not the same.

120 is huge for an animated movie.

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

(oh, and JW:FK fell 28% from the previews of JW)

17% actually. I think you mixed up the 15,3M number to 13,5M which gets you to 28%.

Just now, Brainbug said:

I have only this for you right now:

eating-crow.jpg

Lol, you may wanna wait a bit. Nothing about that preview locks more than 120 and thats hardly a case for you serving crow, hate to break it to you. Man I love how completely rock bottom these FK expectations have gotten that people are ready to celebrate one of the biggest sequel drops ever lol.