CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Gymnastics girl and Alan are the best parts of Lost World and JP3

You mean Kelly Malcolm? She’s one of the more likeable kid characters in the JP-franchise. Also, she’s the one brave enough to kill of a raptor, by kicking it out the window, saving her dad and Sarah Harding (Julianne Moore’s character). That alone adds to her bravery & usefulness.

raptorkickx0uwc.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The other day they announced that one of the new female characters in this had a moment that revealed she was a lesbian cut because "it wasn't important to the story." That's disappointing and silly. Was Iron Man 3 kid and Simon Spier's parents getting divorced at all pertinent to the plot of the previous movie?

That happens literally every time with gay characters. It's just a cover for "if we left this in the film we would lose foreign markets."

Just now, Mekanos said:

That happens literally every time with gay characters. It's just a cover for "if we left this in the film we would lose foreign markets."

The scene in question was literally the girl telling Pratt that she would go straight for him. No thanks lmao

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 8

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

You mean Kelly Malcolm? She’s one of the more likeable kid characters in the JP-franchise. Also, she’s the one brave enough to kill of a raptor, by kicking it out the window, saving her dad and Sarah Harding (Julianne Moore’s character). That alone adds to her bravery & usefulness.

raptorkickx0uwc.gif

Meh.

Back to ICONIC

7d26f6fb-1976-492c-adae-e09c2003df0b

• Community Manager
21 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Are weekend threads always this heated?

Sometimes its way more heated sometimes less. Sometimes people just post the dinosaur saying Alan over and over again because they can't be clever on their own.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Uhm...did you see the movie? Plenty of love for herbivores there, (but i dont want to spoil anything since naming certain species could maybe be a spoiler?). Its just obvious, that carnivores are way better suited for action or suspense sequences.

Not yet. But i will see it if i find the time.

True. It’s kinda of a shame for the herbivores, since their appeal gets overshadowed by the ones who eat them.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

it was OUT OF PLACE i didn't like it i'm sorry.  the most gruesome death in Fallen Kingdom is great and amazing though.

Of course the one cool scene in a bad movie is out of place

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The other day they announced that one of the new female characters in this had a moment that revealed she was a lesbian cut because "it wasn't important to the story." That's disappointing and silly. Was Iron Man 3 kid and Simon Spier's parents getting divorced at all pertinent to the plot of the previous movie?

I absolutely despised that scene where the boys talked about their parents getting a divorce. This 10-year old boy is crying that his family's relationship will fall apart, and Love Simon's getting mad at him for getting upset over shit kids should be upset and sad over. Love Simon was an asshole throughout the movie, but telling his brother to suck it up like that was fucking disgusting, and it's despicable that part in the script was even approved.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I read that but I also read what the scene was and I cringed about as hard as you can cringe so I can't blame them for cutting it

As a lesbian, I cringed so hard that they thought Pratt was the guy (let alone the Chris) we'd go bi for.  🙄

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Question for the board - how are we defining over and under-performing this weekend?:)

That a good question not an easy one, because opening half your budget in domestic alone for a global franchise would be good, but under-performing.

For this I think Jurassic Park to Lost World kind of drop was many people expectation with a certain reserve that sequel now seem to not always drop like they did in the past making some predicting more.

Jurassic Park did 357m in 1993.

Lost World made 229.1m in 1997.

11.1% inflation between the 2.

396.53m adjusted in 1997->229.1m is a 42% drop

Jurassic World made 652,27m in 2015

6.1% inflation between then and now.

A similar adjusted for inflation drop drop would make it have a 692.37 *.58 = 401m domestic.

We should expect worst legs than Jurassic World excellent 3.12, say 2.85

To reach 401m with a 2.85 you need a 140.7m OW.

140m seem like a nice bar to me, with the updated information we have from the rest of the world, this making significantly over 140m would be over performing, significantly under would be underperforming and ok between those ? 35% drop seem to be the  common for that movie OW in old markets.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I absolutely despised that scene where the boys talked about their parents getting a divorce. This 10-year old boy is crying that his family's relationship will fall apart, and Love Simon's getting mad at him for getting upset over shit kids should be upset and sad over. Love Simon was an asshole throughout the movie, but telling his brother to suck it up like that was fucking disgusting, and it's despicable that part in the script was even approved.

Sadder is that the scene is realistic. I personally know some people whose parents got divorced and in some cases, their (older) siblings acted pretty much like Zach. Shitty behavour, but like i said, not unrealistic.

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

As a lesbian, I cringed so hard that they thought Pratt was the guy (let alone the Chris) we'd go bi for.  🙄

I'm an Evans man myself. Hemsworth too. But I'm also bisexual so...

Edited by Mekanos
  • Like 1