baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

There are only 3 possible CinemaScores for Hereditary IMO: B-, C, and F. If audiences get disturbed/grossed out by what’s happening on screen (which it sounds like might be the case based on how people are hyping it), it’ll be mother! all over again.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

They need to put Boba Fett on hold... Put Everything on hold till after ep 9 is out. Reset. Do a Vader spin off for 2021 and Obi-Wan for 2023. People would eat up a Vader movie... That damn scene in Rogue One was maybe the greatest Star Wars scene. Everyone wants a Obi Wan film. After those do really good at the box office, then so Rian 1 etc... 

They seriously need to stop a second and look what they're about to put out. Devisive does not go with anything.

Edited by Cookson

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

There are only 3 possible CinemaScores for Hereditary IMO: B-, C, and F. If audiences get grossed out by what’s happening on screen, it’ll mother! all over again.

I predict it'll do the opposite of mother! BOFFY domination incoming. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I love how mad JJ haters are about the success of TFA. stay forever pressed.

I genuinely feel if TLJ was better edited/paced it could surpass TFA. But there's just a lot of junk in the first two acts that slows it down. TFA is perfectly paced.

Edited by Mekanos

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

There are only 3 possible CinemaScores for Hereditary IMO: B-, C, and F. If audiences get disturbed/grossed out by what’s happening on screen (which it sounds like might be the case based on how people are hyping it), it’ll be mother! all over again.

I'm fully expecting a D followed by a swift disappearance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Your daily reminder of films that Solo will not outgross.

Thor
Star Trek Into Darkness
Warcraft
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Matrix Revolutions

The Chronicles of Narnia sequels

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Wow at Solo.  Lesson to be learned here (for me at least) is presales is absolute king.  Good news for Disney is they can't lose more than they spent (which is a lot...just saying, at least there's a limit!).

As for Solo, I doubt it hurt the brand much if at all...because no one watched it.  And if they did then their low expectations were probably met.  

Solo's performance means the brand is already damaged. We will continue to see the effects when Episode IX is released.

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Bumblebee’s budget is only around 120-150M; most of it was filmed in California, which cost 105M IIRC. Paramount ain’t losing money on it.

It will also make some $$$ OS unlike a certain other spinoff

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Your daily reminder of films that Solo will not outgross.

Thor
Star Trek Into Darkness
Warcraft
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Matrix Revolutions

The Twilight sequels

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

I genuinely feel if TLJ was better edited/paced it could surpass TFA. But there's just a lot of junk in the first two acts that slows it down. 

I agree with you. The films are pretty close in quality to me but I only give TFA the edge because I had way more fun watching it and it didn't have a 12 minute sequence as objectionable as Canto Bight. 

7 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

WOM is not going to be pretty for Hereditary IMO. It's probably gonna open to It Comes At Night numbers.

Jesus Christ, it took me 3 minutes to be able to quote this post. It will do better than It Comes At Night, but I don't see it doing much better than The Witch. Maybe a little better due to hype and dialogue you can understand.