Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

26 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Damn, Ocean was really Friday frontloaded. I can't believe Sat decreased from Fri.

It is acting more like a sequel than spinoff.

I think it’s cause the Thursday previews were so big. Increased from true Friday. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Too be fair, China is really kissing the MCU's ass right now and giving IW a huge boost it won't have gotten back then.

China doesn't kiss the MCU's ass at all. Other than IW, AOU and CW those did got a lot of ass kissing. But still AOU and CW were still far below 2014 TF4. And for the other movies, I don't think you can call $100m - $120m kissing MCU's ass, I mean that are the same numbers that MCU did in 2014 with CA: TWS. So for 4 years now MCU didn't make any progress. Maybe IW will change this. 

• Like 1

China doesn't kiss the MCU's ass at all. Other than IW, AOU and CW those did got a lot of ass kissing. But still AOU and CW were still far below 2014 TF4. And for the other movies, I don't think you can call $100m - $120m kissing MCU's ass, I mean that are the same numbers that MCU did in 2014 with CA: TWS. So for 4 years now MCU didn't make any progress. Maybe IW will change this.

IW won't have done this good in 2009 when only Iron Man and Hulk came out.

Iron Man only made $15 total in China.

The world needed 18 MCU movies first to get where IW is today in terms of how huge the MCU brand is overseas.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I've yet to see the FB2 trailer in theaters! What was the reaction like among audiences who saw it?

I’ve gotten the trailer at Isle of Dogs and Infinity War. The audience at IW was neutral on it, and I was the only one in IOD :sparta:

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I didn’t know there was a trailer for Fantastic Beasts 2. 

It didn’t play here in the U.K. before Ready Player One at my iMaxshowing. 

You'll appreciate Dumbledaddy.

So if DP2 does 13.5 then that's a 42% drop.  Nice hold.

Adrift falls 55% and that is really disappointing.  

BC has it's first really sizable drop and with O8 opening and appealing to a lot of the same audience, I guess that makes sense.  Looks like it's going to drop about 43%.  That puts it at about 57 million.  I'd say 70 is out of the question but 65 should be doable.

O8 has a nice increase from friday, minus previews.  A 35% increase from the Friday number is pretty good.

IW is getting some nice late sexy legs. Looks like it will drop around 35% this weekend.  Not too shabby.

Solo looks like it will drop in the mid 30's as well.  Nice hold this weekend.  It'll sail past 200.

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

IW won't have done this good in 2009 when only Iron Man and Hulk came out.

Iron Man only made $15 total in China.

The world needed 18 MCU movies first to get where IW is today in terms of how huge the MCU brand is overseas.

Doesn't mean that MCU is doing great in china. I mean $100m - $120m isn't that good. And obviously IW woudn't have done this good if it was released in 2009. Like you said there was a lot of build up to this and IW did great in China, but this doesn't change the fact that China isn't to crazy about SH movies. I don't say they do bad, but nothing spectacular like in the US, SK and a lot of smaller asian countries. 

• Like 1

Ocean's 8 is gonna open a few million short of Ghostbusters '16 and will likely finish with an identical total too ($128M). Whether the two sequels the title promises will happen or not will depend on whether the cast actually wants to do it.

early early estimates,

Do we get it? "No!"

Do we want it? "Yeah!"

Infinity War 
1.82 + 3.0 + 1.98 = 6.80

Hereditary

5.18 + 4.6 + 3.12 = 12.90

Solo: Star Wars

4.0 + 6.5 + 4.8 = 15.3

Deadpool 2

3.8 + 5.8 + 3.9 = 13.5

Oceans Eight