Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

16 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Yeah I know mother! is at least 4/5 and Hereditary is more like 3.5/5 oh well what can you do.

Your opinion on Hereditary is the only one I'm trusting rn. Too many people are tossing out wild reactions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I mean... a yacht heist would be fun.

A yacht heist set in the South of France, added bonus. Either that or a Hollywood heist. 

Winslet actually would be an inspired choice either as a new member or as the villain  

45 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I've just found a list with all the movies that got the D CinemaScore ( D+ or D or D- ).  So far, there are 86 movies ( Hereditary is already included ).

http://www.listal.com/list/cinemascore-films-got-ds

Wow, I was surprised because I actually saw some of these movies and didn't even know they had got that CinemaScore.

The biggest surprises are American Psycho, Get Carter, Willard and Vampires. I thought they had higher CinemaScores. Shocked to see that Willard was almost an F, lol. 

Wow, can't believe the Avengers got a D. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Taking a look at that CinemaScore D list, Eyes Wide Shut nearly had a 3x :ph34r: 

bless daddy kubrick for getting #1 at the box office in the middle of July with a artsy fartsy three hour drama about tom cruise maybe having sex.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well, I’m at Infinity War — when I bought my seat earlier this afternoon, there were only 5 other tickets in the theater bought. It’s now completely full/sold out. Smallish theater, but still! That’s my anectdotal crowd report. ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I've just found a list with all the movies that got the D CinemaScore ( D+ or D or D- ).  So far, there are 86 movies ( Hereditary is already included ).

http://www.listal.com/list/cinemascore-films-got-ds

Wow, I was surprised because I actually saw some of these movies and didn't even know they had got that CinemaScore.

The biggest surprises are American Psycho, Get Carter, Willard and Vampires. I thought they had higher CinemaScores. Shocked to see that Willard was almost an F, lol. 

I've probably seen 80+% of those. Which is maybe depressing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Ocean's 8 is a fun time, nothing more, nothing less.

Theater was packed, with a huge portion of my audience being old ladies. I thought I had stepped into @WrathOfHan's worst nightmare for a second.

That bodes well for its legs. 

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

You won't like it.

I thought it was actually quite impressive 

A bit pretentious but definitely not F worthy. A spiralling nightmare for the lead character. Great performance by Jlaw.

Edited by Krissykins
  • Astonished 1

I love the excuses some of you come up with when you like a movie. There's some incredibly dumb scenes in Hereditary but instead of admitting they are dumb @Jake Gittes makes excuses for them and uses the dumb teenager excuse. 

Lazy writing is lazy writing. Age and maturity level doesn't cover up for that.