sfran43

Monday's Numbers 23.9...eeeerrrr...24.1 according to Forbes

I just don’t see the implosion of superhero movies whatsoever. 

They’ve a guaranteed audience like good animated family films do.  It’s proven year in year out. As long as the quality is there people will keep coming. 

Kids love superheroes. Always have and always will. That’s not going anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I’m still really surprised this fell this much from the first. 

Hope it doesnt happen to Wonder Woman 2. 

It's going to finish with about 315-320.  That's a 16% drop.  I think that's pretty good hold for a film that obviously got a large amount of casual fans out to see it.  If WW were to fall 10%, it would still do 350 million.  That's where I think it will land.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Westerns didn't really die post-2010. We got two Tarantino films, The Revenant, Magnificent Seven, Hostiles, and way more indies (Bone Tomahawk, The Salvation, Slow West, etc.) than there ever were pre-2007.

something very wrong with this post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fake said:

Looks to finish with 275M first week.

Tue: 28M (+17%)

Wed: 21M (-25%)

Thu: 20M (-5%)

Weekend can go anywhere from 80M to 90M.

Low end:

Fri: 25M (+25%)

Sat: 31M (+25%)

Sun: 24M (-20%)

High end:

Fri: 27M (+35%)

Sat: 35M (+30%)

Sun: 28M (-20%)

Note: If Wed/Thu manage to stay above 20M, then TI2 will be only 2nd film ever (after TFA) to have 10 straight days above 20M.

Your high end is a 50% drop, I guess if everything goes right it could do closer to 100M (maybe (4%) even hit 100M)

10 days above 20M.

OMG; TFA has 17 straight day above 20M:ohmygod:

Right now Spider-Man 2 is the only film with 6 days (WTFSSM Monday was 5th of July)

JW, TDK, IW etc. have five

And can I2 get the third biggest (non Opening Tuesday) right now:

#1: TFA: $37.36M (1st Week) would need a 54.8% increase to top it (not happening)

#2: TFA: $29.53M (2nd Week) would need a 22.4% increase to top this

#3: TLJ: $27.73M (2nd Week) would need a 14.9% increase to top it

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’m still really surprised this fell this much from the first. 

Hope it doesnt happen to Wonder Woman 2. 

What’s surprising about it falling from the first? The first made $363M domestic. Which is a huge number for any movie let alone an R-rated CBMThe sequel is looking at around $315M.  It is going to retain around 93% of its gross WW, which is a fantastic retention rate for a sequel. 

The only thing that shocked me was that it opened less than the first. Otherwise it grossing less than the first isn’t surprising 

• Like 6

People can argue and nitpick about the details all day but ultimately audiences just gravitate to superhero films, both domestically and overseas, no matter what the reason. No amount of handwringing about the artistic integrity of westerns will bring them back into the mainstream.

Maybe Westworld will spark a second coming but I have my doubts.

Edited by Mekanos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

What’s surprising about it falling from the first? The first made $363M domestic. Which is a huge number for any movie let alone an R-rated CBMThe sequel is looking at around $315M.  It is going to retain around 93% of its gross WW, which is a fantastic retention rate for a sequel. 

The only thing that shocked me was that it opened less than the first. Otherwise it grossing less than the first isn’t surprising 

This post is a miracle for me, considering your doom and gloom during much of Deadpool 2's run :redcapes:

• Haha 1

Edit - Damn you Omerimombatti Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Thor Ragnarok looks the same as Winter Soldier to you? Ok.

They are all pretty much identical. Marvel has a formula that a lot of people enjoy. They don't take risks that's why they're so successful.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Avatree said:

They are all pretty much identical. Marvel has a formula that a lot of people enjoy. They don't take risks that's why they're so successful.

The response was to someone who said they LOOK the same. Which begs the question do you have eyes.

All big budget movies have a formula. Unless you're BR2049 which flopped. Hell, even indie movies have their own formulas..

Edited by Rebeccas
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

This post is a miracle for me, considering your doom and gloom during much of Deadpool 2's run :redcapes:

Well before I thought it was grossing $100M less than the original domestically and $183M less than the original WW :ph34r: But now that it’s run it’s coming to a close, the numbers are becoming more clear as to where it’s headed and the numbers are pretty good all things considered  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

People can argue and nitpick about the details all day but ultimately audiences just gravitate to superhero films, both domestically and overseas, no matter what the reason. No amount of handwringing about the artistic integrity of westerns will bring them back into the mainstream.

Maybe Westworld will spark a second coming but I have my doubts.

Yep nothing to add really in this, kind of weird, thread. People will continue living in their delusions dreaming about superhero fatigue when the genre is just beginning , as evident by its complete domination of the emerging markets which are bound to substantially grow in the upcoming years.

Superhero films have been a thing since the first Superman film its just that the technology wasn’t there. Now that it is, the genre will continue to dominate and the comparisons with western and disaster  film is ridiculous and laughable.

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

The response was to someone who said they LOOK the same. Which begs the question do you have eyes.

All big budget movies have a formula. Unless you're BR2049 which flopped. Hell, even indie movies have their own formulas..

Okay? Well they do look the same. The same looking blokes behaving in the same way fighting some dull CGI mess.

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 2