Frozen

Midway | Nov 8 2019 | Roland Emmerich | Woody Harrelson, Mandy Moore, Luke Evans

23 hours ago, DAJK said:

I'm really really excited for this despite Emmerich

I am a HUGE World War 2 buff, but Emmerich being involved ,given his previous historical films, is why I can't get excited for this.

We have the 1976 film..not a great movie, but it is farily accurate...and the "War and Remberance" TV mini series also covered the battle, so it's not like this is a unique film.

I also find the ,from the cast list, complete ignoring of the Japanese side to be troubling. Not from a PC/SJW point of view but because one reason the battle turned out the way it did was a series of really bad decisione by Nagumo, the commanding Japanese Admiral. You really need a "Longest Day" approach for this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i love emmerich but this looks like trash. after this and stonewall he needs to quit these dumb history movies. you all ruined him when you didn't go see White House Down smh.

"Stonewall was a bad movie but comparted to  Anonymous it's a freaking masterpiece. It's Emmerich peddling a crackpot conspiracy theory that no historian takes seriously about how Shakespeare was a phony and did not write the plays. Possibly the worst historical film I ever saw.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Hey, Emmerich is a great director. This looks awesome, I can’t wait for it!

You have a truly bizarre definition of great.]But then I notice you seem to like almost everything.