YM!

Weekend Thread | Hotel 3 $44.1 Skyscraper 25.4, Ant Man’s size does matter with $28.8M

46 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

That's a -45.8% weekend drop

The first Jurassic World dropped 46.4% on it's 4th weekend!

I was told this movie will have toxic WOM and get buried by Ant-Man and the Wasp but the numbers are indicating otherwise :ph34r:.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

That's a -45.8% weekend drop

The first Jurassic World dropped 46.4% on it's 4th weekend!

I was told this movie will have toxic WOM and get buried by Ant-Man and the Wasp but the numbers are indicating otherwise :ph34r:.

Skyscraper turning out to be a total nonevent no doubt helped with some of the drops this weekend (except Ant-Man but that is an MCU movie in its second weekend).

3 hours ago, KJsooner said:

Still waiting on Jurassic Park: fallen kingdom bad wom to set in.Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

To be fair, the weekend drops haven't been that great.  It's heading for another sizable drop again this weekend.  58, 53 and 46% drops aren't really signs of great WOM.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

To be fair, the weekend drops haven't been that great.  It's heading for another sizable drop again this weekend.  58, 53 and 46% drops aren't really signs of great WOM.  

He didn't say they were great, he just said that the wom isnt as toxic as some would like us to believe.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Doesn't AMATW need just about 610M for 4B? That number's not dead yet.

What why is everyone panicing about AMATW? 

It's OW OS was $85.9m, 48% of the market space. 

85.9m * 2.5 (pretty meh OS legs in summer) / 48 * 100 = $447.4m OS

Even if DOM goes as low as 180m that is still $627.4m WW.

I am thinking more in the line of $193m DOM and $465m OS about $660m WW

3 hours ago, Bishop54 said:

He didn't say they were great, he just said that the wom isnt as toxic as some would like us to believe.

Well, we're getting into semantics.  Toxic and not so great......I'm just surprised that it fell as much as it did this weekend when there really wasn't anything to take away it's audience.  Hopefully it has a softer drop next weekend, and then 400 will be back on the table.