YM!

Weekend Thread | Hotel 3 $44.1 Skyscraper 25.4, Ant Man’s size does matter with $28.8M

36 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Hey that digibook with the lenticular cover is awesome, ok? It is not my fault the 4K UHD was sold in a separated edition!

Do all Blu-rays released in Portugal or in Europe in general feature Portuguese from Portugal subtitles?

2 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

is Disney really gonna have Black Panther fall short of $700m?

No. It'll get Tetmintor Salvationed over 700.

2 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

I do think Equalizer 2 looks less interesting than the original, and primarily because the hook is him avenging a character I can't even remember from the first movie.

She was his boss in the first one. She gave him some help and advice against the Russians.

YO, just posting in this thread to recommend a movie. I know @CoolioD1 and @Spagheditary saw it and both loved it. LEAVE NO TRACE: really great drama that's haunting with two really fantastic central performances and great direction from Debra Granik, who did Winter's Bone. If you've ever remotely liked Ben Foster, you need to see it and preferably with as little knowledge as possible going in. @baumer @4815162342 @Water Bottle @Chewy @Cmasterclay

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Blankments said:

YO, just posting in this thread to recommend a movie. I know @CoolioD1 and @Spagheditary saw it and both loved it. LEAVE NO TRACE: really great drama that's haunting with two really fantastic central performances and great direction from Debra Granik, who did Winter's Bone. If you've ever remotely liked Ben Foster, you need to see it and preferably with as little knowledge as possible going in. @baumer @4815162342 @Water Bottle @Chewy @Cmasterclay

I'm going to a screening of it in a couple of weeks followed by a Q&A with Granik herself. Exciting!

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

I was thinking about seeing Leave No Trace yesterday as the back half of a double feature with Sorry to Bother You except I was so pissed off after watching STBY and LNT, whose trailer looked depressing as hell, did not seem like a film to watch in my mood at the time. I'll try to catch it in the days ahead, though. Thank you for the recommendation, Blankments.

• Like 1

Just now, aabattery said:

I'm going to a screening of it in a couple of weeks followed by a Q&A with Granik herself. Exciting!

be excited. i can say that ben foster gives my favorite performance of his yet in it and that's not even a top three thing about the movie itself. so goood

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

I was thinking about seeing Leave No Trace yesterday as the back half of a double feature with Sorry to Bother You except I was so pissed off after watching STBY and LNT, whose trailer looked depressing as hell, did not seem like a film to watch in my mood at the time. I'll try to catch it in the days ahead, though. Thank you for the recommendation, Blankments.

it's depressing at points but ultimately I really loved it. probably a good idea to see it on its own tho :)

14 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

i don't think it's so depressing. i teared up near the end but like in a cathartic way.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Really late on this but A Quiet Place is fucking great.

I agree watched it the other day.  I’m not really into horror but I loved it.  Might be my favorite movie so far this year

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

@Blankments big trailer stalker update from me this week as I went to the movies four times (never got STBY):

10:

Mission: Impossible – Fallout (Black Panther, Annihilation, A Quiet Place, Avengers: Infinity War, Ready Player One, Breaking In, Upgrade, Hereditary, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Sicario: Day of the Soldado)

6:

Alpha (Hitman’s Bodyguard, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok, Downsizing, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Isle of Dogs)

The Darkest Minds (A Quiet Place, Ready Player One, Blockers, Breaking In, Upgrade, Hereditary)

5:

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (The Greatest Showman, The Post, Love, Simon, Breaking In, Ocean’s 😎

4:

The Meg (Upgrade, Hereditary, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

Venom (Black Panther, Game Night, Blockers, Deadpool 2)

3:

Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch (Isle of Dogs, Incredibles 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

The Equalizer 2 (Solo: A Star Wars Story, The First Purge, Sicario: Day of the Soldado)

Kin (Hereditary, The First Purge, Sicario: Day of the Soldado)

Night School (Blockers, Breaking In, Tag)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Love, Simon, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2)

2:

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle)

BlacKkKlansman (Upgrade, Sicario: Day of the Soldado)

Bumblebee (Incredibles 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp)

Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Unsane, Isle of Dogs)

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Isle of Dogs, Avengers: Infinity War)

The Happytime Murders (Tag, The First Purge)

The House with a Clock in Its Walls (Ready Player One, Ant-Man and the Wasp)

The Nun (Tag, The First Purge)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp)

Polaroid (Wind River, mother!)

The Predator (The First Purge, Sicario: Day of the Soldado)

Skyscraper (Rampage, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Ready Player One, Tag)

A Star Is Born (Ocean’s 8, Sicario: Day of the Soldado)

Unfriended: Dark Web (Upgrade, The First Purge)

1:

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

Spoiler

A.X.L. (Ant-Man and the Wasp)

Bohemian Rhapsody (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

Creed II (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

The Current War (Wind River)

Dog Days (Incredibles 2)

Eighth Grade (Isle of Dogs)

First Man (Sicario: Day of the Soldado)

The Girl in the Spider’s Web (Ocean’s 😎

Halloween (The First Purge)

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Incredibles 2)

The Little Stranger (Hereditary)

Mile 22 (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

Mortal Engines (The Commuter)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

Nobody’s Fool (The First Purge)

Peppermint (Ocean’s 😎

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 (Incredibles 2)

Searching (Hereditary)

Serenity (Tag)

Smallfoot (Coco)

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (Rampage)

White Boy Rick (Sicario: Day of the Soldado)

Widows (Ocean’s 😎

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAR said:

I agree watched it the other day.  I’m not really into horror but I loved it.  Might be my favorite movie so far this year

Very Spielbergian. Super impressed with Tuna as a director (though it will be tough to top this honestly), hell of a debut.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

Very Spielbergian. Super impressed with Tuna as a director (though it will be tough to top this honestly), hell of a debut.

was the third movie he directed but the first two were pretty bad so i'm sure he wouldn't mind us doing a James Cameron/Piranha 2 let's pretend that doesn't count.

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

was the third movie he directed but the first two were pretty bad so i'm sure he wouldn't mind us doing a James Cameron/Piranha 2 let's pretend that doesn't count.

Totally didn't realize he's done more than this one. Never heard of either of them tbh.