Eric the Fall Guy

Weekend Thread: Equalizer 2 pulls off an upset win over Mamma Mia 2 - 35.83M to 34.44M

As of now, Mamma Mia is running pretty much exactly in line with yesterday so expect a pretty flat Friday - Saturday number similar to the first Mamma Mia which had a 0.2% drop on its first Saturday. Equalizer is currently running about 15% ahead of yesterday but that's to be expected. Curious to see what the night brings. 

Edited by spatulashack
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I see Mission Impossible doing between $55-$60 million next weekend, I’m expecting $59 million and great legs should help it make $190-$205 million or so. 

Teen Titans will do $15-$20 million, I’m expecting $17 million and $50-$55 million total. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blankments said:

i'm about to go see Mamma Mia 2 alone, hopefully the theater doesn't shame me out of existence

The question is more why do you see Mamma Mia in the first place?

• Disbelief 1

15 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

Sequelizer has already made more money than Denzel's last feature.

Man, Roman J Israel could have been a fine film if they'd avoided going full cliche with the plot. 

Roman J Israel, Esq is already a fine film. Top ten Denzel.

11 minutes ago, spatulashack said:

As of now, Mamma Mia is running pretty much exactly in line with yesterday so expect a pretty flat Friday - Saturday number similar to the first Mamma Mia which had a 0.2% drop on its first Saturday. Equalizer is currently running about 15% ahead of yesterday but that's to be expected. Curious to see what the night brings. 

Sounds like it's going to be a tight race to the finish! This is turning out to be an exciting weekend! 

5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Mamma Mia 1 is bad but fun; judging off reviews I'll probably really like this one. don't know why i would skip it

Yeah if you thought Mamma Mia 1 was fun, there is basically no way you wouldn't enjoy this one. It's basically just a better version of that movie. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Mamma Mia 1 is bad but fun; judging off reviews I'll probably really like this one. don't know why i would skip it

Im not really serious :qotd:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

I see Mission Impossible doing between $55-$60 million next weekend, I’m expecting $59 million and great legs should help it make $190-$205 million or so. 

i hope for more, but a lower opening would not surprise me. one thing is for sure: Paramount's marketing was on point with the movie. i don;t know how much more they could have made to help it.