Eric the Fall Guy

Weekend Thread: Equalizer 2 pulls off an upset win over Mamma Mia 2 - 35.83M to 34.44M

10 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Mama Mia! estimates need to stop dropping. :whosad:

They haven't dropped much at all. Beyond the initial 40 and change estimate on Friday night it hasn't swayed more than a million or so. 

4 hours ago, KJsooner said:

Sorry to bother you. What a fucked up movie this is. Don’t know what to take from it. Going to be very divisive.

I didn't care for it because it was too fucked up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alli said:

i hope for more, but a lower opening would not surprise me. one thing is for sure: Paramount's marketing was on point with the movie. i don;t know how much more they could have made to help it.

It should do high 50’s. I don’t think it”ll repeat Mission Impossible III

Edited by Maxmoser3

1 minute ago, Maxmoser3 said:

It should do high 50’s. I don’t think it”ll repeat Mission Impossible III

The thing with MI3 though was it came out during/after Tom Cruise's crazy stage and followed up the mediocre MI2. MI3 imo was the best one out of the first 3... No contest. It could've been a bigger box office hit with better circumstances.

• Like 2

Just saw Mamma Mia 2. I think it it will have long long legs. People will see it mulitple times. It was so much fun. Someone have already said it, and I agree, it's a better version of the first one, with better writing and a bit of emotional punch, something the first Mamma Mia lacked of. I wanna see it outgross the first one.

• Like 1

@WrathOfHan Mamma Mia! Here's Some Trailer Stalks:

17x:

Mission: Impossible – Fallout: Black Panther, Annihilation, Ready Player One, Black Panther Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War, A Quiet Place, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3, Deadpool 2, Book Club, Action Point, Adrift, Ocean’s 8, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Tag, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

11x:

The Grinch: Isle of Dogs, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Deadpool 2, Show Dogs, Ocean’s 8, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Incredibles 2 Round 4

9x:

The Darkest Minds: Blockers, A Quiet Place, Tully, Deadpool 2, Action Point, Adrift, Hereditary, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

8x:

Christopher Robin: A Wrinkle in Time, Love, Simon, Isle of Dogs, Book Club, Show Dogs, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again: The Post, Love, Simon, Tully, Book Club, Adrift, Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

7x:

Venom: Black Panther, Game Night, Black Panther Round 2, Blockers, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

Smallfoot: Paddington 2, Early Man, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

6x:

Alpha: Dunkirk Round 2, Geostorm, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Last Flag Flying, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

Crazy Rich Asians: Adrift, Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

5x:

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Peter Rabbit, Love, Simon, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Ready Player One, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Searching: Book Club, Adrift, Hotel Artemis, Hereditary, Tag

Bumblebee: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Ant-Man and the Wasp

Bad Times at the El Royale: Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, The First Purge

Dog Days: Show Dogs, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Leave No Trace, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

4x:

Teen Titans Go! To The Movies!: Paddington 2, Peter Rabbit, Show Dogs, Incredibles 2

The Meg: Deadpool 2, Hereditary, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: Ready Player One, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

The Spy Who Dumped Me: Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

A Star is Born: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

Bohemian Rhapsody: Deadpool 2, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

3x:

Duck Duck Goose: My Little Pony: The Movie, Wonder, Coco

Alita: Battle Angel: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4

Mortal Engines: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, The Commuter, A Wrinkle in Time

Can You Ever Forgive Me?: Unsane, Isle of Dogs, Book Club

Operation Finale: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Sicario: Day of the Soldado

A-X-L: Show Dogs, Incredibles 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

The Happytime Murders: Action Point, Superfly, The First Purge

The Nun: Superfly, Tag, The First Purge

The Equalizer 2: Superfly, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, The First Purge

The Girl in the Spider’s Web: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Wonder Park: Leave No Trace, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day

The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2

Mile 22: Adrift, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Night School: Blockers, Tag

White Boy Rick: Superfly, Sicario: Day of the Soldado

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp

Kin: Sicario: Day of the Soldado, The First Purge

The Little Stranger: Hereditary, Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

Mary Poppins Returns: A Wrinkle in Time, Leave No Trace

The House with a Clock in Its Walls: Ant-Man and the Wasp, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

A Simple Favor: Adrift, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

First Man: Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

1x:

The Current War: Wind River

Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Early Man

Blindspotting: Tully

Johnny English Strikes Again: Tully

Peppermint: Adrift

City of Lies: Hotel Artemis

Widows: Superfly

Creed 2: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

BlacKkKlansman: Sicario: Day of the Soldado

The Predator: Sicario: Day of the Soldado

Dumbo: Ant-Man and the Wasp

Unfriended: Dark Web: The First Purge

Nobody’s Fool: The First Purge

Halloween: The First Purge

The Old Man and the Gun: Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

Little Women: Leave No Trace

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween: Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

Life Itself: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Mary, Queen of Scots: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Second Act: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

@WrathOfHan Mamma Mia! Here's Some Trailer Stalks:

17x:

Mission: Impossible – Fallout: Black Panther, Annihilation, Ready Player One, Black Panther Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War, A Quiet Place, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3, Deadpool 2, Book Club, Action Point, Adrift, Ocean’s 8, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Tag, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

11x:

The Grinch: Isle of Dogs, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Deadpool 2, Show Dogs, Ocean’s 8, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Incredibles 2 Round 4

9x:

The Darkest Minds: Blockers, A Quiet Place, Tully, Deadpool 2, Action Point, Adrift, Hereditary, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

8x:

Christopher Robin: A Wrinkle in Time, Love, Simon, Isle of Dogs, Book Club, Show Dogs, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again: The Post, Love, Simon, Tully, Book Club, Adrift, Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

Hide contents

7x:

Venom: Black Panther, Game Night, Black Panther Round 2, Blockers, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

Smallfoot: Paddington 2, Early Man, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

6x:

Alpha: Dunkirk Round 2, Geostorm, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Last Flag Flying, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

Crazy Rich Asians: Adrift, Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

5x:

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Peter Rabbit, Love, Simon, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Ready Player One, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Searching: Book Club, Adrift, Hotel Artemis, Hereditary, Tag

Bumblebee: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Ant-Man and the Wasp

Bad Times at the El Royale: Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, The First Purge

Dog Days: Show Dogs, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Leave No Trace, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

4x:

Teen Titans Go! To The Movies!: Paddington 2, Peter Rabbit, Show Dogs, Incredibles 2

The Meg: Deadpool 2, Hereditary, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: Ready Player One, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

The Spy Who Dumped Me: Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

A Star is Born: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

Bohemian Rhapsody: Deadpool 2, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

3x:

Duck Duck Goose: My Little Pony: The Movie, Wonder, Coco

Alita: Battle Angel: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4

Mortal Engines: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, The Commuter, A Wrinkle in Time

Can You Ever Forgive Me?: Unsane, Isle of Dogs, Book Club

Operation Finale: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Sicario: Day of the Soldado

A-X-L: Show Dogs, Incredibles 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

The Happytime Murders: Action Point, Superfly, The First Purge

The Nun: Superfly, Tag, The First Purge

The Equalizer 2: Superfly, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, The First Purge

The Girl in the Spider’s Web: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Wonder Park: Leave No Trace, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day

The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2

Mile 22: Adrift, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Night School: Blockers, Tag

White Boy Rick: Superfly, Sicario: Day of the Soldado

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp

Kin: Sicario: Day of the Soldado, The First Purge

The Little Stranger: Hereditary, Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

Mary Poppins Returns: A Wrinkle in Time, Leave No Trace

The House with a Clock in Its Walls: Ant-Man and the Wasp, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

A Simple Favor: Adrift, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

First Man: Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

1x:

The Current War: Wind River

Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Early Man

Blindspotting: Tully

Johnny English Strikes Again: Tully

Peppermint: Adrift

City of Lies: Hotel Artemis

Widows: Superfly

Creed 2: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

BlacKkKlansman: Sicario: Day of the Soldado

The Predator: Sicario: Day of the Soldado

Dumbo: Ant-Man and the Wasp

Unfriended: Dark Web: The First Purge

Nobody’s Fool: The First Purge

Halloween: The First Purge

The Old Man and the Gun: Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

Little Women: Leave No Trace

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween: Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

Life Itself: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Mary, Queen of Scots: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Second Act: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

You can remove Duck Duck Goose because it’s going to Netflix lol

• Disbelief 1

43 minutes ago, catlover said:

Just saw Mamma Mia 2. I think it it will have long long legs. People will see it mulitple times. It was so much fun. Someone have already said it, and I agree, it's a better version of the first one, with better writing and a bit of emotional punch, something the first Mamma Mia lacked of. I wanna see it outgross the first one.

MM2 is so good (after a rocky start with that awful Kissing the Teacher song). 

Lilly James is wonderful as a young Meryl and while the real Meryl has very limited screentime they make every minute of her appearance count.  

It's a shame ABBA doesn't have anymore hits. I want a third movie. 

• Like 1

(weekend)/(weekend + weekdays) - total --- final total

Superfly - 0.08/0.11 - 20.54 --- 20.60

Adrift - 0.10/0.15 - 31.42 --- 31.60

Hereditary - 0.26/0.44 - 43.66 --- 44.25

Solo - 0.23/0.37 - 212.54 --- 215.00

Book Club - 0.15/0.27 - 68.28 --- 68.75

Infinity War - 0.41/0.66 - 677.09 --- 678.50

Deadpool 2 - 0.47/0.75 - 317.40 --- 318.75

Tag - 0.70/1.12 - 53.28 --- 54.75

Neighbor - 1.25/2.18 - 19.28 --- 23.25

Ocean's 8 - 1.60/2.60 - 136.66 --- 140.00