That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

22 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

AM &TW's 4th w/e - $8.76m (183.49m) - so far with a 2.42x

SMHC: 4th w/e  -$13.26m  ($278.168)  - with a 2.37x

SMHC: 5th w/e  (Aug  4-6) - $8.845m ($294.95m) -  another $39.247m

AM&TW looking at $220m+ and a 2.9x multi

So much wishful thinking...😁

MCU Sequel (domestic
unadjusted – multiplier)
Day 24 Multiplier
(Final Gross
÷
First Weekend)
90% of
Domestic
Gross On Day
Ant-Man and the Wasp* 2.42 TBD 18
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2.37 2.73 30
Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 2.28 2.66 30
Avengers: Infinity War* 2.31 2.63 30
Thor: Ragnarok 2.26 2.57 29
Iron Man 2 2.15 2.44 27
Thor: The Dark World 2.18 2.41 24
Avengers: Age of Ultron 2.12 2.40 26
Iron Man 3 2.11 2.35 25
Captain America: Civil War 2.08 2.28 23
all MCU sequels average 2.21 2.50 27
1st MCU sequels average 2.22 2.53 27
2nd MCU sequels average 2.19 2.46 27
Ant-Man 2.58 3.15 37
Spider-Man: Homecoming 2.38 2.86 36

* numbers are not final / still in theaters; Ant-Man and the Wasp currently
excluded from averages
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Are those AM&TW not making $200m domestic still saying that and I'm just missing it?

Silly haters, wait for that 2nd weekend....always. 

Was it not after the second weekend -61.6% drop the peak moments of the talks about not making 200m dbo ?

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Was it not after the second weekend -61.6% drop the peak moments of the talks about not making 200m dbo ?

Yes - it was a repeat of the SM:HC arguments. 

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

AntMan2 had the worst drop of all 'Marvel First Sequels' in weekend 2 and 4:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=weekend&id=marvelsequels.htm

(And of course, the worst OW as well)

It was also the only one to open in the middle of summer.  Bigger w/e drops, much bigger weekdays.  That's the way summer generally plays out.

It's 2nd w/e drop was commensurate with SM:HC and CA:TFA

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

AntMan2 had the worst drop of all 'Marvel First Sequels' in weekend 2 and 4:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=weekend&id=marvelsequels.htm

(And of course, the worst OW as well)

And yet its probably gonna have the 10th best leg (out of 44 movies) of any SH movie released since 2000. 

I swear understanding BO runs is not this difficult

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

AM&TW is very clearly on track to be between Solo and JL at the moment. If it falters the next few weeks it might be more like 210. Crunching just about any reasonable numbers you please will give that conclusion.

26 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

And yet its probably gonna have the 10th best leg (out of 44 movies) of any SH movie released since 2000.  

I swear understanding BO runs is not this difficult

Yes, for example (now, pay attention) movies released in July have smaller weekends than those released in April/May. It can lead some people to mistakenly think they have "good legs".

Also (take note): movies with huge OW tend to have smaller legs. Thankfully with the 35th "best" superhero opening (unadjusted), AntMan2 isn't in any danger of burning demand too fast.

Edited by MrGlass2

12 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Yes, for example (now, pay attention) movies released in July have smaller weekends than those released in April/May. It can lead some people to mistakenly think they have "good legs".

Also (take note): movies with huge OW tend to have smaller legs. Thankfully with the 35th "best" superhero opening (unadjusted), AntMan2 isn't in any danger of burning demand too fast.

Good legs are good legs regardless of whatever biased spin you wanna put on it. 

Numbers and data > your opinion. But whatever helps you sleep at night. I am happy with my actual stats. 

And Jl despite its opening burned off demand too fast which is why it had legs which were worse than 30 other SH movies. So a small OW is no indication of not burning off demand

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

And Jl despite its opening burned off demand too fast which is why it had legs which were worse than 30 other SH movies. So a small OW is no indication of not burning off demand 

Anecdote. You need to look at more movies than just one. That is a classic mistake, you will learn once you stop defending your favorite studio as if your life depended on it.

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Good legs are good legs regardless of whatever biased spin you wanna put on it. 

Numbers and data > your opinion. But whatever helps you sleep at night. I am happy with my actual stats.  

Meanwhile, AntMan2 with its "great legs" will finish somewhere around #37 for all superhero movies (and again that is unadjusted). Could these mediocre performance and OW be related to the appearance of "good legs" compared to genuine blockbusters? Think about it.

:redcapes:

• Disbelief 1

Predicted 17 for Teen Titans

Got swayed by reserved seating crowd reports & mid-level-warm #s Thursday night.

Adjusted #s with comparing tv animated movies looked at $3,600 PTA average.  

That would have put TT at about 11.5, but TT even went under that!

Will have to up the ante next Thursday night to find accuracy!

ADJUSTED/INFLATION PER THEATER AVERAGES - OPENING WEEKEND

$3,600 - Doug's 1st MovieDoug01.png

$3,600 - Hey Arnold! maxresdefault.jpg

$4,200 (5-day) - Powerpuff Girlsppg-movie1.jpg

$3,100 - The King and I  56kingandi_anim_hires.jpg

$3,266 - Teen Titansmaxresdefault.jpg

Edited by dmatrixfilm1715
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Anecdote. You need to look at more movies than just one. That is a classic mistake, you will learn once you stop defending your favorite studio as if your life depended on it.

Meanwhile, AntMan2 with its "great legs" will finish somewhere around #37 for all superhero movies (and again that is unadjusted). Could these mediocre performance and OW be related to the appearance of "good legs" compared to genuine blockbusters? Think about it.

:redcapes:

Lol thats rich coming from the likes of you 😂. Besides I dont need to defend any studio here. Their tremendous success, both BO and critics wise towering over rivals speaks for itself. 

And 44 movies, all of them SH movies, are  a good sample size I think. Or are you simply upset I used JL as an example 😝

And good legs are good legs regardless of what the final total is. Plenty of mediocre movie have bad legs despite a comparatively small OW like the JL example I gave above.

And hey “flavour of the week” ant man is gonna do around what A big crossover event movie like JL did. Thats a win for the small guy no matter how much you desperately try and spin it in multiple threads. 

Edited by ZeeSoh