sfran43

Weekend Thread: Estimates ~ CRA 25.235M, The Meg 21.15M, M22 13.62M, M:I-F 10.5M, Alpha 10.5M, DCR 8.862M, BK 7M, SM 4.965M, HT3:SV 3.675M, MM!HWGA 3.385M

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

I hope Ethan knows better to support a Kevin Spacey joint.

Image result for balls on this kid baby driver

This was actually made before Baby Driver FYI so it's been sitting on the shelf for a while. Judging by its crummy RT score of 13% (albeit with just 8 reviews), they should've just let it stay there.

Crazy Rich Asians is having a really great Saturday bump at my theatre. Given how wack Alpha's been playing here though, I don't know how much trust I should put in that when expecting something like 10M for Saturday for CRA.

• Like 2

‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Even Richer On Saturday With $10M; Weekend Bling Now At $24M+ With $33M+ 5-Day Debut

Crazy Rich Asians scored its best day at the box office with an estimated $10M since its Wednesday opening, surging 39% over Friday’s take. Current weekend opening B.O. bling for Jon M. Chu’s Asian romantic comedy stands at a stellar $24.2M with $33.2M over five days.

The Meg scored a $9M second Saturday, +55% over Friday for a projected FSS of $21M, -54% for a 10-day of $83.6M.

STX’s Mile 22 is still low in third place with a $13.4M opening. Saturday’s estimated $4.8M is -8% from Friday.

Paramount/Skydance’s Mission: Impossible – Fallout saw $4.65M today, +55% over Friday for a revised fourth weekend estimate of $10.6M, -45% for a running total of $180.8M

Alpha grossed an estimated $4.1M, +24% over Friday’s $3.3M and putting its 3-day at $10.3M

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 5

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Crazy Rich Asians is having a really great Saturday bump at my theatre. Given how wack Alpha's been playing here though, I don't know how much trust I should put in that when expecting something like 10M for Saturday for CRA.

hmm

• Like 4
  • Astonished 2

Amazing for Crazy Rich Asians, it will come much closer to We 're the Millers 5-day than anyone expected.

The Meg drop is also impressive, seems to be having solid WOM, it opens here on Thursday and can't wait to watch it.

Edited by Joel M

9.0 (+55%)

5.9 (-35%)

= 20.7 (-54.4%)

20.7 gives 83.3 10-day for Meg.

If it adds 2.5x this weekend to it's cume

83.3 + 20.7*2.5 = 135.1

Would be fun if it beats studio siblings RPO (137) and O8 (138.6).

If Meg does 135-140 dom and 145-150 China, then 500 ww is not out of question.

• Astonished 3

15 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

AMATW was way more of a rom-com than DP2. The first DP was 100% a rom-com dragged up as superhero action movie. The second, not so much. 

This. How the fuck is DP2 a romcom? First one was (all about Wade and Vanessa) but the second one was about the awful fat Kiwi kid. 

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 11

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

This. How the fuck is DP2 a romcom? First one was (all about Wade and Vanessa) but the second one was about the awful fat Kiwi kid

This is just so unneccessary.

• Like 6