sfran43

Weekend Thread: Estimates ~ CRA 25.235M, The Meg 21.15M, M22 13.62M, M:I-F 10.5M, Alpha 10.5M, DCR 8.862M, BK 7M, SM 4.965M, HT3:SV 3.675M, MM!HWGA 3.385M

4 minutes ago, PANDA said:

Could this year be the beginning of the return of the Rom-Com?  Set It Up, Crazy Rich Asians, Deadpool 2, etc

wasn't there some review of ant man 2 that was like "it's marvel's first romcom!" ahahaha boolshit.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It wasn't a review I think. that was what the studio was selling it as in interviews.

oh  so BS like "it's a full story cos thanos is the lead" or how all the thor ragnarok interviews they were talking about it like it was the first ever funny superhero movie. these weirdos.

• Like 2

AMATW was way more of a rom-com than DP2. The first DP was 100% a rom-com dragged up as superhero action movie. The second, not so much. 

Edited by captainwondyful
First one = first DP
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, PANDA said:

Could this year be the beginning of the return of the Rom-Com?  Set It Up, Crazy Rich Asians, Deadpool 2, etc

Overboard did 90m !

Home again got close to 3.3 legs with a 33% RT score.

IS the next Lopez movie one ? (Does not seem to have much romantic element in trailer), because that could be ultimate classic one and give a good idea where the genre is.

Edited by Barnack

23 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

oh  so BS like "it's a full story cos thanos is the lead" or how all the thor ragnarok interviews they were talking about it like it was the first ever funny superhero movie. these weirdos.

My favourite bull s##t MCU narrative was that BP is the first black Superhero movie....:hahaha:

or that they created the cinematic universe...😄

On 8/17/2018 at 10:35 AM, Krissykins said:

Yeh the original poster mentioned the three flops though. That’s why I replied, commenting that 3 misses in a row means it’s probably time to stop. 

I think Lone Survivor was before them?

It's all about the sucess to failure ratio,and One hit to three failures is not very good.

I am sure the director's fanboys wlll try to put a good spine on it, but Mile 22 is a fail at the box office, it might break even, that's the vest you can hope for. And any chances of a sequel or DOA.

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Spider-Man Homecoming is a John Hughes movie is my favorite one.

The Russo Brothers  compared their Marvel films   to The Godfather and Se7en ........Jesus....:hahaha:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Spider-Man Homecoming is a John Hughes movie is my favorite one.

It was partly set in a high school! They played some 80's music in the background! It's exactly like a John Hughes movie!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

My sold out audience for Crazy Rich Asians this afternoon was at least 2/3 old white people.

Movie is a total crowdpleaser. No way it doesn't have great legs.

I wouldn't be shocked if it cracks $100m domestically. 

• Like 5

The Dark Knight is a rom com.

The two main characters are constantly testing the love of their significant other, rom com writing 101 really.

"You complete Me"

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1