kayumanggi

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME | 741.4 M overseas ● 1131.9 M worldwide

800M OS? I would love to but early for me to see it playing out realistically. It will become claer if it has good legs 3-4 days post TLK in most of these foreign markets. I think it will effect it directly. It's like bringing another hyperbolic circus to town while yours is there. If it can leg it's way out of it and co-exist still pulling good numbers in it's 3rd weekdays it may just survive that and still go with good legs but I honestly have my doubts. I think TLK is gonna hit it hard in all these foreign markets because I geninuely believe that the TLK will have a crazy break-out overseas enough to effect everything around it. 

It has probably 2 good weeks to grab alot of cash. It can survive the TLK wave DOM and keep decent legs but not so well in the foreign markets

Edited by Geo1500

10 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

It will become clear if it has good legs 3-4 days post TLK in most of these foreign markets. 

Homecoming had War for Planets of Apes, Dunkirk in weeks just after. Also was facing Despicable Me 3.

I am seeing it growing 25-50% in most countries over Homecoming.

15 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Homecoming had War for Planets of Apes, Dunkirk in weeks just after. Also was facing Despicable Me 3.

Most of the foreign markets are hype driven unlike the US who has more settled fanbases example places like Indonesia, India, Brazil etc etc they just see a poster with Lions. They buy the tickets it's simple + they all know Simba. There is also an undeniable lion fascination in most of these foreign cultures even in Europe.

Dunkirk and Planets of apes underperformed and made under 500M WW TLK is a different animal all together and has ridiculous brand power. I wouldn't be 100% certain if FFH can develope great leggy performances in all of the foreign markets 

Edited by Geo1500

6 minutes ago, a2k said:

Pika and KOTM combined ww will barely cross 800m. FFH OS will match/beat that. Shit you never thought would add up beginning of the year.

Guide to accurately predicting 2019 from end 2018 expectations:  

Is the movie MCU? Just add 50% or something.

Non-MCU, but Disney? Meh, leave it alone.  

Neither? Slash 50% or something, idno. Keanussance excepted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

China Box Office: Spider-Man: Far From Home make $35.1M on Saturday. $70.66M in 2 days. Expecting ¥650M+ / $95M+ on 3-day opening. 3rd best debut in MCU behind Endgame($331.37M for 5 days) & Infinity War($200.88M for 3 days).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Toy Story 4 is bigger than Despicable Me 3 and TLK will be bigger than War for the Planet of the Apes + Dunkirk. I'm expecting a 15-20% increase in most of the major markets. 

10 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Spidey was caught in 800s worldwide, see this one do that just overseas.

Since Spider-Man was and still is my all-time favorite superhero I wish I would share your optimism, but I have a feeling The Lion King will cut into its potential success and I'm expecting more like $700 million OS and $1.1+ billion worldwide.

You brought up Homecoming's competition, but thing is Far From Home has that and then some in The Lion King alone. And I doubt it will get as lucky as Endgame got with most of June and a few in May underperforming to help its legs. There's no world in which The Lion King opens lower than $150 million, unless it's somehow a complete trainwreck, I'm talking 20s on RT. And that kind of opening will have an impact on Spider-Man, and it will probably have an even bigger impact worldwide.

5 hours ago, AlexMA said:

Since Spider-Man was and still is my all-time favorite superhero I wish I would share your optimism, but I have a feeling The Lion King will cut into its potential success and I'm expecting more like $700 million OS and $1.1+ billion worldwide.

In majority countries; FFH will face TLK after 16 days of run or basically close to aftr 2nd week.

Till its 2nd week, CM had grossed $380mn OS-C-J. I expect FFH to gross around that in OS i.e. $380mn, $225mn in China and $35mn in Japan and Hong Kong i.e. $640mn. There will be some increase over CM as well, which shall move it toward $675mn, thanks to bigger weekend in most countries and of course Spider-man being bigger play than CM

Captain Marvel grossed $140mn after that in its OS-C and $22mn in the other three. 

I expect the other three to add $25mn Approx. While the overseas market, say affected by TLK add just $110mn, we will still be home.