Boxofficerules

KINS Weekend Thread: 3 Day estimates: CRA make crazy rich #s with $22.2 million, TM Chomps On $10.5 million, M:IF doesn’t fall with $7 million, OF $6 million, Searching finds $5.7 million, KIN does $3 million.

CRA is a phenomenon as it should be, hopefully books gets boost from it, everyone should read them. 

I hope BK manages to get to 40M 4 day, great run for such a tough sell.

MI6 will pass Solo when all is said and done. 

re: A Star In Born. Super happy for Coop who gives one of the best performances in MCU but is usually overlooked cause people believe that Rocket is real and forget that there's an actor behind him.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Fantastic holds for CRA and CR. 

Operation Finale is turning out to be pretty frontloaded. What’s the budget on this?

Great start for Searching. Given that it has the second highest PTA in the top 10, Sony would be nuts not to get this in 2k theaters next week.

Meh holds for The Meg and MI. Klansman is hanging in pretty good.

Bad for Alpha and Mile 22, and downright horrendous for Happytime Murders. The former two are probably going to drop 60%+ next week, and Happytime will have a legendary drop.

Kin hasn’t even been reported on :rofl: 

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

I can see CRA not quite making it to 200 if it drops say 35% next weekend (and that would be a very good hold for a post-LD weekend). Wouldn't make its run any less phenomenal, of course. 

Yeah, 200 is far from locked. My forecast last week had it just over 200M, but I was expecting two increases in a row, which isn’t happening. We’ll see what happens. A Simple Favor isn’t tracking too high, so maybe that will help it a bit.

• Like 1

Crazy Rich Asians is tracking way ahead of The Help (its three-week total is about to match that movie's four-week total, which fell on Labor Day weekend). Movie's become such a beast at this point that we just need to wait and se where it'll land.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I can see CRA not quite making it to 200 if it drops say 35% next weekend (and that would be a very good hold for a post-LD weekend). Wouldn't make its run any less phenomenal, of course. 

I don’t see it dropping 35% next weekend. Wom has been crazy good.

Looking at biggest 2018 Hollywood films by individual markets before Holidays (Nov-Dec) being,

1. BP dom

2. AIW dom

3. I2 dom

4. JW2 dom

5. AIW China

6. DP2 dom

7. JW2 China

8. RPO China

9. MI6 dom (will overtake Solo and Ant2. Some shot at going over RPO China's 221-222)

10. Ant2 dom (will overtake Solo)

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

IDK where Peppermint will land next weekend. Tracking is at 8-13M, and it's probably a movie immune to reviews on OW like Mile 22. I've been seeing ads quite a bit for it, so I don't think double digits are out of the question. Granted, I don't see it surpassing 13M, but that range feels right.

Edited by WrathOfHan

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

IDK where Peppermint will land next weekend. Tracking is at 8-13M, and it's probably a movie immune to reviews on OW like Mile 22. I've been seeing ads quite a bit for it, so I don't think double digits are out of the question. Granted, I don't see it surpassing 13M, but that range feels right.

I think it pulls similar numbers to Mile 22 tbh.

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think it pulls similar numbers to Mile 22 tbh.

I think it will be lower because Jennifer Garner (aside from 13 going on 30) has been box office poison (I love her though) for a leading role. Mark Wahlberg has more starpower. I think it'll open similar to Home Again (completely different genre but counterprogrammed a big horror movie last year).

Edited by BenedictL11

24 minutes ago, a2k said:

Looking at biggest 2018 Hollywood films by individual markets before Holidays (Nov-Dec) being,

1. BP dom

2. AIW dom

3. I2 dom

4. JW2 dom

5. AIW China

6. DP2 dom

7. JW2 China

8. RPO China

9. MI6 dom (will overtake Solo and Ant2. Some shot at going over RPO China's 221-222)

10. Ant2 dom (will overtake Solo)

If the early number for this weekend holds, more likely that AM&TW is ahead of Fallout with some 217+ vs 215ish. Could be a photo finish though.

Edited by Thanos Legion

5 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

I'm rooting for this one to do as well as it can. I want MGM's resurgence to be successful, and a solid performance here would provide confidence for the future. In the context of a 6-Day OW that includes Wed. and Thurs., I think this gross seems pretty solid.

33 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

If the early number for this weekend holds, more likely that AM&TW is ahead of Fallout with some 217+ vs 215ish. Could be a photo finish though.

feel like AM2 will show a bigger drop off post LD after a better bump as it caters to a younger audience than Fallout, who will make the best of this last holiday before school starts.