Box Office Hit

Free Guy | 20th Century | August 13 2021

On 7/22/2021 at 11:32 AM, Last Man Standing said:

If those reactions are accurate then the promotional material did the movie dirty, cause it looked so corny.

This would not be the first time a studio woefully mishandled the marketing of a movie and it certainly won't be the last.

That Weber guy is really antagonistic about audiences. No way this hits A+. I don’t even think it’s hitting 30, either. Feel like is still being overestimated by the online crowd. The actual critic reviews won’t be as sparkling either but of course people will freak out when they see a 80 on Rotten Tomatoes despite a 6 average or 68 on metacritic  

34 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Feel like is still being overestimated by the online crowd. The actual critic reviews won’t be as sparkling either but of course people will freak out when they see a 80 on Rotten Tomatoes despite a 6 average or 68 on metacritic  

Online crowd is more relevant than Actual critics when it come to gauging word of mouth.

1 minute ago, Last Man Standing said:

Is that where it's tracking right now? If so that's pretty excellent.

IDK about the traditional tracking, which I frankly don't pay any attention to. Pre-sales have just started, and sales will start really mattering around 9th August, so will have better idea by then.

$30M was just me thinking, if it really is good, the WOM may push it there.

• Like 1