CJohn

Official Oct 5 to Oct 7 Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Venom - 80M (205M WW OW); A Star is Born - 42.6M

8 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Because venom was better and proved it without having to rely on critics too busy blowing smoke up asses oblivious to the public opinions

who needs all the old crew that clay listed when quality new posters like this guy are popping up every day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Man BOT has truly died. Big ass weekend and we haven't got 40 pages yet. How much longer until BOT dies for real?

The Last Jedi ruined everything. The overreaction to that movie was just way too much.

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

Venom and ASIB's numbers are both good and bad. 

In Venom's case the numbers are good in light of downbeat expectations that this would be Catwoman-level bad and potentially struggle to do $60M. But they're bad given that this IS a Marvel property aftter all, and one of the most popular comic book villains out there.

This is a FANTASTIC number for Venom!

It's a Spider-Man movie without Spider-Man in it!!!!!!!!!!

No connection to the MCU or even any other movie at all (or at least not any movies that have been made yet.)

Not all Marvel movies have $100 OWs, just ask Ant-Man, Apocalypse, etc.

And while it may not have been the best movie of all time, it was wonderful for starting up a cinematic universe without hitting you over the head with it. There was no "Hi, I'm Mr Hyde and now I'm going to tell you about a bunch of other monsters" scene.

• Like 3

just came back from Venom and it was pretty good.  Definitely fun and the crowd I was with ate it up.  Accidental pun there, but I'll take it :P

and big number for Venom.  Not all that surprising now that I have seen the movie

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If I remember correctly it was supposed to open in late September but was moved to mid-May and then back to October once they figured it was gonna be an awards player. They were probably thinking it was gonna be leggy throughout awards season (and after seeing it, it will be) so the fact it's gotten off to such a big start (against a $30M budget as well) must make them very happy. I wouldn't be surprised by a sub-35% drop next weekend even with First Man opening.

I think ASIB has taken the wind of First Man's sails but I think it should do quite well. 

I actually agree that the fanboy backlash to TLJ is definitely a factor. Alot of people leaving coincided with that for good reason. Shit was just absolutely unbearable. I almost quit everytime someone brings it up. What a bunch of obnoxious clowns. 

• Like 9

Just now, actorinmymind62 said:

All the mentions of FB2 in your post history, you’re always determinedly negative about it, for some reason, and you’re usually the only voice of negativity in the forums in which it’s discussed. Seems like you’re being determinedly negative. 

Additionally, it’s trailers have been better received, they’ve received more views, they’ve trended higher on social media, the film was on Fandango’s most anticipated poll at the beginning of the year, with Depp ranked the 2nd most anticipated villain of the year, behind Brolin as Thanos. Fandango ranked it the most anticipated new film of the fall in its survey. 

How many times do people have to say that Depp is more of a draw here than he is a detriment? 

The films trailers have been received very positively, and it’s easily one of the most anticipated films of the year. You sound like you’re projecting your lack of interest onto everyone else, and I would cut it out. It’s pretentious, and annoying. If you don’t care about it so much, stop making posts trying to convince everyone that no one else does either, when obviously people do. 

The first one DID stick with people. It had an amazing hold, grossed a ton, was well reviewed by critics and fans, sold massively in the aniciliary market, and was WB’s best performing film overseas. Can you knock your determined negativity off? 

dcasey go home, you're drunk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I’m kinda pressed that Venom isn’t included in the MCU. I wanted see him snatch Captain America’s toupee with his tongue.  

Image result for venom gif

Personally I want to see Venom team up with Spidey to beat the red devil.

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I actually agree that the fanboy backlash to TLJ is definitely a factor. Alot of people leaving coincided with that for good reason. Shit was just absolutely unbearable. I almost quit everytime someone brings it up. What a bunch of obnoxious clowns. 

i've been posting for way too long. fair to say that in that time the ratio of insane single issue fanboys and reasonable folks who just like movies has... flipped.

• Like 2